TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Trim multiples lines in one action ?
Read 3140 times
July 24, 2016, 05:24:35 AM
Hi everybody

I would like to know how can I trim multiples lines in same time like when I'm using the "Multi shrink / Extend line" tool

In the attached file, I want to trim the blue lines in one action

Is somebody can help me ?

Thanks and have a great day !

Jean Bernier
TC 2015 Pro Platinum user
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:28:49 AM by linuxbbas »

TC  Pro Platinum 2018
Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 2500u @ 2.0ghz
16 gigs RAM, Radeon Vega 8

Believe you can do something or not, in both cases you are right     Henry Ford

* July 24, 2016, 07:11:22 AM
See attached illustration.

Henry H

July 24, 2016, 07:49:59 AM
Hi Henry,

Probably you are using the Multi Shrink/Extend line tool to have this result

I want to cut some lines (blue lines) crossing perpendiculars in this case (red lines). Red lines are the cutters (knifes). In one action like the Multi Shrink/Extend line tool

Regards

Jean

TC  Pro Platinum 2018

* July 24, 2016, 08:04:12 AM
Hi Henry,

Probably you are using the Multi Shrink/Extend line tool to have this result

I want to cut some lines (blue lines) crossing perpendiculars in this case (red lines). Red lines are the cutters (knifes). In one action like the Multi Shrink/Extend line tool

Regards

Jean

Yes, that is the tool I used. Six mouse clicks trimmed 50 blue lines in the example shown below.

Henry H

July 24, 2016, 08:45:12 AM
I think I did not explain well

I know what you mean, I'm using the Multi shrink/Extend line tool every day but I want to cut multiple lines between two lines (see the attached file in Full size) I can cut a line between two lines with Object trim tool but with this tool I can not cut multiples lines in same time

I hope it's clearer

TC  Pro Platinum 2018

July 24, 2016, 09:14:52 AM
I understood what you were asking for Jean, based on your first Post and its attached screen-capture.*

When I was more actively drafting (almost entirely 2D, architectural), I too often wished there was a way to multi-select the objects to be "trimmed out".  I haven't found a way.  Maybe someone has a creative solution.

-Alvin
*[It seems that you are: activating the Object Trim tool; holding down the Shift-key to select both the red lines, defining them as the "cutting boundary"; and individually clicking on each blue line, that portion of each that lies between the red lines.  It is the individually clicking procedure that you wish to instead do in one action.]

Note: Seems that in recent versions-- such as in my version-20-- there are two trim Commands/Tools:  "Object Trim" & "Trim".  Both being very similar.  In my installation, the "Trim" Command/Tool does not allow for selection of multiple cutting edge objects.  Just a note... so that we don't confused as to what Command/Tool we are talking about.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:33:41 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

July 24, 2016, 10:14:23 AM
I understand there's no way actually to do this kind of task. Hope it will coming soon ! I will suggest it to Turbocad developper team

Thanks Henry and Alvin for your help and patience :-)

Regards

jean Bernier

TC  Pro Platinum 2018

* July 24, 2016, 10:32:01 AM
I understood what you were asking for Jean, based on your first Post and its attached screen-capture.*

When I was more actively drafting (almost entirely 2D, architectural), I too often wished there was a way to multi-select the objects to be "trimmed out".  I haven't found a way.  Maybe someone has a creative solution.

-Alvin
*[It seems that you are: activating the Object Trim tool; holding down the Shift-key to select both the red lines, defining them as the "cutting boundary"; and individually clicking on each blue line, that portion of each that lies between the red lines.  It is the individually clicking procedure that you wish to instead do in one action.]

Note: Seems that in recent versions-- such as in my version-20-- there are two trim Commands/Tools:  "Object Trim" & "Trim".  Both being very similar.  In my installation, the "Trim" Command/Tool does not allow for selection of multiple cutting edge objects.  Just a note... so that we don't confused as to what Command/Tool we are talking about.

With the "Multi Shrink/Extend Line" tool, one can select all of the lines to be trimmed with just two clicks.  There is no need to click each blue line individually. See the attachment to my first post, in which the little square at the top end of each blue line shows that it has been selected for trimming.

Henry H
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 10:36:20 AM by Henry Hubich »

July 24, 2016, 10:46:00 AM

With the "Multi Shrink/Extend Line" tool, one can select all of the lines to be trimmed with just two clicks.  There is no need to click each blue line individually. See the attachment to my first post, in which the little square at the top end of each blue line shows that it has been selected for trimming.

Henry H

Hi Henry.  Jean is looking to [Object] Trim the portions of the blue lines that lie between the red lines.  (Not Multi Shrink/Extend the lines, as the attachment in your first post shows.)

The image in Jean's first Post shows what he is requesting.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 11:00:39 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* July 24, 2016, 12:55:41 PM

Henry H

Hi Henry.  Jean is looking to [Object] Trim the portions of the blue lines that lie between the red lines.  (Not Multi Shrink/Extend the lines, as the attachment in your first post shows.)

The image in Jean's first Post shows what he is requesting.

OK. I hadn't seen the right-hand image in his post.

Henry H

July 25, 2016, 05:22:42 PM
Issue Resolved.  See here.

Alvin Gregorio