TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Chinese - Simplified Mandarin - Text input
Read 1988 times
* July 21, 2016, 04:59:03 AM
Hi Guys,

I am currently trying to get my head around Chinese. Want to input Chinese - Simplified Mandarin in some CAD drawings.

What is the best way to go about it with TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2016 please?

I also have Deluxe and Designer.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Ken Doyle

* July 21, 2016, 10:30:38 AM
Hi Guys,

Since writing I have discovered a couple of things.

a) Find the Simplified Mandarin symbol in yellowbridge.com

b) Finding the Unicode Character detail from
http://www.yellowbridge.com/chinese/charsearch.php?zi=虫

c) Then highlighting the symbol in the following table using the Unicode Character that I find from above.

http://www.khngai.com/chinese/charmap/tbluni.php?page=4

then copying the character.

d) Writing something with Plain Text, not Multi Text. Then editing that and pasting in the Chinese Character.

This seems very stable.

Fortunately I have three people (plus others) who can check the finished result.

Thank you for considering the matter. Maybe the above information will be of benefit to others.

* July 21, 2016, 10:35:41 AM
One other thing I forgot. You do have to have Chinese Fonts installed on your computer.

* July 23, 2016, 03:45:55 AM
Hi Guys,

Just thought I would mention that I am now putting the Chinese Characters directly into the Text Properties Attirbute box. Just changed the input to Chinese Simplified in Windows. I type in the Pinyin and choose the right character that shows up. One click to change back to English mode.

I do copy and paste a character. Then edit it and type the new pinyin for the next input. Works extremely well in TurboCAD.

Finding Chinese an extremely interesting language to learn. Extremely interesting.

Cheers,

Ken Doyle

* July 24, 2016, 02:52:16 AM
This is an interesting article.

http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/the-complete-beginners-guide-to-chinese-fonts--cms-23444

Have found since reading this that the computer already has a number of Chinese fonts installed.

I am changing to SimSun.

You may wonder what I am doing. I am NOT actually drawing Engineering Drawings. Instead working with a local language teacher. Helping her produce materials for students learning Chinese. In the process I am learning a lot along the way. Very interesting. Using CAD skills to produce the work for her. I do know a lot of people who speak, read and write Chinese. Some do not know English so maybe it will help in the future. Won't have to work with an interpretator.

* July 24, 2016, 12:17:06 PM
I am NOT actually drawing Engineering Drawings. Instead working with a local language teacher. Helping her produce materials for students learning Chinese.

I does should like you've got yourself an interesting job there, I'll admit that when reading your earlier posts I thought you were doing drawings for fabrication in China, as for learning Chinese, with my memory these days I struggle sometimes to remember TC's icons so not much chance learning 20,000 (simplified) Chinese symbols.

Good luck.
Andy