TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

"Failed to open... no filter matching this file" Error
Read 2254 times
* July 14, 2016, 09:54:19 AM
I hope there's an easy fix for this...

I was working on a Turbocad file yesterday, it's saved as a .tcw file and I'm using TurboCad version 19.2, running under Windows 10.

When I fired up my computer this morning, Windows did an automatic upgrade, and when I launched TCad, I found that the file I saved yesterday cannot be opened and I get the "...no filter matching this file" error message. I was able to open my older template file and an older TCad file, but not the one I need to work on.

Looking through the support forums, it looks like this has been an ongoing problem for quite a long time, but I haven't seen any consistent solutions yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

* July 14, 2016, 10:38:39 AM
Best thing I can think of rather than guessing is if its possible you can post the file for someone to look at.

Normally that message is when opening later files in an earlier version but that's obviously not the cause in your case.

* July 14, 2016, 10:53:58 AM
I didn't see a way to attach the file when I made the original post, and after digging around a bit more, I located where the backup files lived and was able to open the .bak file successfully. In doing so, I overwrote the "damaged" file, so that' not really possible now. Should have saved it under a different name.

Thanks for getting back to me, if I run into this again I'll be sure to hang on to the file causing the problems.

Rick