TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Drummers Get All the Chicks
Read 3491 times
May 06, 2016, 09:34:03 PM
Long before I ever heard of CAD, before I was a Contractor. before I was in High School, I was a Rock n Roll Drummer. I got my first paying gig when I was in Junior High School. My first set was the classic Ludwig "Black Oyster Pearl", think Ringo, except I had mine before he did. I got mine for Christmas when I was 10 years old.
In '72 I needed an upgrade, so I purchased a Fibes Clear Acrylic. Later that year I answered an ad on a Sunday, auditioned on a Wednesday, and left on a Friday for what became a one year club tour across the country.
Futuristic, but also Loud, lively, with a great sound.
And they looked great on stage under lights.

For this project, I got quite a few Sketch Up Girls down to the Club for a little Rock n Roll Hootchie Koo, and some of them apparently brought their boyfriends. What's up with that?
No problem, it still looks like a target rich environment.

I got down on my virtual belly to get an image of the bass drum pedal, Chain Drive, Spring Recoil.

I thought I was gonna run out of Chromium doing this project, I must be on vapors, I wonder if they have that at Best Buy.

I still have the set, though It has been about ten years since I've been in a decent band. The set is a Classic, sought by collectors, worth about three times what I paid so long ago. Another nice thing about drum sets, cymbals appreciate.

This is kind of a work in process, there's lots of little wing nuts, snares for the Snare Drum, proper top pieces for the cymbal stands, etc. Oh, and I plan on redoing the cymbal bells (domes on top), these look too much like Gum Drops.

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 19.2 Pro Platinum 64 bit
v 14.2 Pro
Turbo Floor Plan Pro v 15
Windows 10 x 64 Home

May 07, 2016, 01:51:48 AM
Nice, with a lot of soul in it.

In the beginning there was light but someone stopped paying the bills.......

* May 07, 2016, 04:22:54 AM
Very nice work, I really like picture number one of the whole set, Last time I played a drum, was about 50 years ago in the scouts (marching round the streets on what we called 'walking days' (like a church parade).

* May 07, 2016, 06:37:26 AM
Now there's a fun project!

Henry H

* May 08, 2016, 08:56:12 AM
The colors and reflections is what catches my eye. Ready nice work.

TC 2017 Plat. x32 / x64 (LightWorks)
Win 10 Pro 64.
i7-3770 16 GB. Ram.
Nivda GeForce GTX 970 4 GB.

May 08, 2016, 01:54:09 PM
The colors and reflections is what catches my eye. Ready nice work.

Thanks.
Those colors and reflections are a pretty good representation of how the drums looked in real life, great stage presence.

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 14.2 Pro
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* May 09, 2016, 11:45:53 AM
Nice Jobe!! As a drummer of 20+ years now turned bassist...All I can say is Rock'N"Roll!!!
My first set was a Ludwig Blue Sparkle set..

May 10, 2016, 01:45:55 AM
Nice Jobe!! As a drummer of 20+ years now turned bassist...All I can say is Rock'N"Roll!!!
My first set was a Ludwig Blue Sparkle set..

Dave, like this?

then of course, Black Oyster Pearl . . .

Followed by Fibes Crystalite.

And finally, one of our surviving posters.

RMc____
v 14.2 Pro
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* May 10, 2016, 10:56:55 AM
Bingo! Exactly like the top image...man having a major flashback :)