TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Drummers Get All the Chicks
Read 3698 times
May 06, 2016, 09:34:03 PM
Long before I ever heard of CAD, before I was a Contractor. before I was in High School, I was a Rock n Roll Drummer. I got my first paying gig when I was in Junior High School. My first set was the classic Ludwig "Black Oyster Pearl", think Ringo, except I had mine before he did. I got mine for Christmas when I was 10 years old.
In '72 I needed an upgrade, so I purchased a Fibes Clear Acrylic. Later that year I answered an ad on a Sunday, auditioned on a Wednesday, and left on a Friday for what became a one year club tour across the country.
Futuristic, but also Loud, lively, with a great sound.
And they looked great on stage under lights.

For this project, I got quite a few Sketch Up Girls down to the Club for a little Rock n Roll Hootchie Koo, and some of them apparently brought their boyfriends. What's up with that?
No problem, it still looks like a target rich environment.

I got down on my virtual belly to get an image of the bass drum pedal, Chain Drive, Spring Recoil.

I thought I was gonna run out of Chromium doing this project, I must be on vapors, I wonder if they have that at Best Buy.

I still have the set, though It has been about ten years since I've been in a decent band. The set is a Classic, sought by collectors, worth about three times what I paid so long ago. Another nice thing about drum sets, cymbals appreciate.

This is kind of a work in process, there's lots of little wing nuts, snares for the Snare Drum, proper top pieces for the cymbal stands, etc. Oh, and I plan on redoing the cymbal bells (domes on top), these look too much like Gum Drops.

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 19.2 Pro Platinum 64 bit
v 14.2 Pro
Turbo Floor Plan Pro v 15
Windows 10 x 64 Home

May 07, 2016, 01:51:48 AM
Nice, with a lot of soul in it.

In the beginning there was light but someone stopped paying the bills.......

* May 07, 2016, 04:22:54 AM
Very nice work, I really like picture number one of the whole set, Last time I played a drum, was about 50 years ago in the scouts (marching round the streets on what we called 'walking days' (like a church parade).

* May 07, 2016, 06:37:26 AM
Now there's a fun project!

Henry H

* May 08, 2016, 08:56:12 AM
The colors and reflections is what catches my eye. Ready nice work.

TC 2017 Plat. x32 / x64 (LightWorks)
Win 10 Pro 64.
i7-3770 16 GB. Ram.
Nivda GeForce GTX 970 4 GB.

May 08, 2016, 01:54:09 PM
The colors and reflections is what catches my eye. Ready nice work.

Thanks.
Those colors and reflections are a pretty good representation of how the drums looked in real life, great stage presence.

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 14.2 Pro
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* May 09, 2016, 11:45:53 AM
Nice Jobe!! As a drummer of 20+ years now turned bassist...All I can say is Rock'N"Roll!!!
My first set was a Ludwig Blue Sparkle set..

May 10, 2016, 01:45:55 AM
Nice Jobe!! As a drummer of 20+ years now turned bassist...All I can say is Rock'N"Roll!!!
My first set was a Ludwig Blue Sparkle set..

Dave, like this?

then of course, Black Oyster Pearl . . .

Followed by Fibes Crystalite.

And finally, one of our surviving posters.

RMc____
v 14.2 Pro
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* May 10, 2016, 10:56:55 AM
Bingo! Exactly like the top image...man having a major flashback :)