TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Globally change line thickness of exisitng drawn lines TCAD2016
Read 1015 times
* May 23, 2016, 07:31:32 AM
HI folks,
there is an existing thread on this, but it is old, so here is a new one.

I have inherited a drawing from a colleague, and it needs sorting out. I need to set all properties to be 'By Layer' and then divvy up the contents to the layers.

I can set Colour and Line type to 'By Layer' but can't find an option to set Line Width to 'By Layer' - the places where I could set this for individual entities, is greyed/dead..

Any ideas?

TCAD 16 Pro Plat

* May 23, 2016, 07:44:56 AM
Not sure this will really help, but have a look at the attached screenshot.

Henry H

* May 23, 2016, 08:08:37 AM
Thanks for reply. Imagine this: 2 pieces of model (just lines and text) sitting next to each other on screen, all in the same layer. If I select the group of entities on the left, I can change their properties as you indicate.
If I select the group of entities on the right,  I can do the same thing.

If I select both groups, the option is dead - the property bar is unusable. Is this something to do with the number of entities selected?

thanks again

Matt

* May 23, 2016, 08:59:25 AM
The maximum number of entities is 100. You can go to the Selection Info palette and click on its "Options" button, then increase the amount there.

Another place you can change settings is in the Properties dialog. That doesn't have an amount restriction on it like the Property toolbar. I was able to change the Color and Width to 70,000 objects in there. I did have to wait a minute± for the change to go through.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:02:11 AM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* May 23, 2016, 09:55:42 AM
Thanks!