TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Render 2d image in 3D scenario
Read 2383 times
* May 26, 2009, 11:50:17 AM
I am starting my foray into the 3d rendering of images. (TurboCAD 16 Platinum- Windows). I am trying to create a media room visual by placing an image on the wall in an attempt to create visualization of being projected from a projector. I cannot get the image to render. It is either white or some material. Any hints?

Thanks,

May 26, 2009, 11:56:23 AM
I am trying to create a media room visual by placing an image on the wall in an attempt to create visualization of being projected from a projector.

What method are you using to place the image on the wall? There are several ways to approach this in TurboCAD. If you haven't tried it yet, a Projector Luminance may be just what you're looking for.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* May 26, 2009, 02:28:08 PM
I am trying to create a media room visual by placing an image on the wall...

As Brad mentioned there are several ways to go about this. Another way would be to apply the image to a thin 3D object as a "Wrapped Image" or "Wrapped Filtered Image" material (that you create) and hang it on the wall.

John R.

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* June 04, 2009, 06:15:48 AM
Those are great ideas. The manual only seemed to mention that images could be rendered within the model space. I will have to try projector luminance, if I can find it.
2d to 3d is more difficult than I thought.