TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Printing jpeg images
Read 2250 times
* December 31, 2009, 09:24:05 AM
I imported a .jpg image into model space and then made my drawing on top of it.  Everything looks fine in paper space and in print preview.  When I attempt to print the drawing, however, the image is dropped and only what I drew is visible.  This happens regardless of whether I try to print to an ink jet printer, a laser printer, or just as a .pdf.  Is there a solution to this problem?  I'm using TC12 Deluxe.

* December 31, 2009, 10:47:22 AM
I imported a .jpg image into model space and then made my drawing on top of it.  Everything looks fine in paper space and in print preview.  When I attempt to print the drawing, however, the image is dropped and only what I drew is visible.  This happens regardless of whether I try to print to an ink jet printer, a laser printer, or just as a .pdf.  Is there a solution to this problem?  I'm using TC12 Deluxe.

This works for me when printing a page in Paperspace that contains a Viewport showing the image, when the image was imported using Insert|Picture|From File, but I'm not sure it works under other circumstances: Go to Tools|Raster Image|Image Manager; select the image from the list; click "Embed"; click "Apply"; click "OK."

Henry H

December 31, 2009, 04:53:58 PM

If possible, change the JPEG to GIF. Winston advised me to do that some time ago and since then I have not had problems with embedded picture files causing trouble.

* January 04, 2010, 10:58:53 PM
...change the JPEG to GIF. ...
If the jpeg contains more than 256 colors, there will definitely be a loss of image detail.  GIF image format only supports 256 colors.

* January 05, 2010, 04:54:44 AM
re: When I attempt to print the drawing, however, the image is dropped and only what I drew is visible.

Is the image on the $Construction layer? That layer doesn't print unless it is told to in "File / Page Setup".

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit