TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Angle Dimension disappears!
Read 4765 times
March 26, 2010, 12:22:57 AM
Why does my angle dim disappear?  Right after I click Finish.  I cannot get it to stay around.  Please help. 

I'm dimensioning lines, 2D , in the same plane.

Thanks.

* March 26, 2010, 12:49:53 AM
It almost sounds like the dimensions are on a hidden layer (layer turned off), but the program would warn you that you're working on an invisible layer. I'm not sure what else to look at.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* March 26, 2010, 03:14:09 AM
Why does my angle dim disappear?  Right after I click Finish.  I cannot get it to stay around.  Please help. 

I'm dimensioning lines, 2D , in the same plane.

Thanks.

You said everything is on the same plane, but have you tried selecting everything a doing a FPOWP? I have had angle dims do as you are describing, and this usually cures the problem. On a rare occasion, I have had to redraw one of the lines to get the angle dim to work.. although not sure why.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

March 26, 2010, 04:31:25 PM
If I knew what "FW..." stood for, then I might be cured!

More:  This tool is very fussy.  Even though I had used v-snap to construct the lines, it wasn't happy until I PUT them on the workplane, then had to use "Meet 2 Lines tool to fix them again.

Even with all that, it disappears every time -- just as soon as I make one mouse click after clicking Finish.

To first replyer:  I am using v15.2

March 26, 2010, 04:34:54 PM
The angle dim is not on a hidden layer -- unless that means it's hidden from me as well in Design Director.

* March 26, 2010, 04:44:34 PM
If I knew what "FW..." stood for, then I might be cured!

More:  This tool is very fussy.  Even though I had used v-snap to construct the lines, it wasn't happy until I PUT them on the workplane, then had to use "Meet 2 Lines tool to fix them again.

Even with all that, it disappears every time -- just as soon as I make one mouse click after clicking Finish.

To first replyer:  I am using v15.2

FPOWP... Format/Place on Workplane.

Post the drawing... would be easier to diagnose.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

March 26, 2010, 09:17:38 PM
Here is as simple as it can get.  The dim of the two red lines on the wedge disappears on the click after I click "Finish".

* March 26, 2010, 10:48:02 PM
Works fine here.
This reminds me of an outdated graphics card driver issue I had a couple of years ago.
Could that be a possibility?  Have you tried updating that driver?

D Fishback

* March 26, 2010, 11:12:53 PM
Hi

I tried the angle tool on your drawing with TC15.2 & it works ok for me, have you right clicked & checked to see if your in suppress hidden line mode or wireframe mode.?

* March 27, 2010, 04:10:28 AM
Works ok here, too.

You could try deleting your TC configuration files. You will want to back them up first in case you have customized anything. Corrupt config files can cause a lot of strange problems.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* March 27, 2010, 11:14:18 AM
Here is as simple as it can get.  The dim of the two red lines on the wedge disappears on the click after I click "Finish".

Are you using the Angle Dimension tool or the Angle Measurement tool?

Henry H

March 27, 2010, 11:59:30 AM

Henry H

Henry -- I now believe is truly psychic!

I WAS using the angle measuring tool!  Now really -- the icons look almost identical!  The dimension tool works fine.  The measurement tool says "Angle", the dimension tool says "angular".  My error -- all is fine now.

Thanks again to Henry and everyone else too.

Thom

* March 27, 2010, 01:55:18 PM

Henry H

I guess it is true... you really do get smarter with age. That would never have crossed my "young" mind.  ;D

Very good, Henry.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64