TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Simple Project..
Read 1085 times
* November 27, 2015, 03:59:17 AM
Hi All,

Been messing around with TC Pro21 now for a few months & still struggle to get to grips with a simple workflow method.I come from zero CAD experience. All I want to try & do is say model as a simple box (of any kind) with say a hinged lid & lock & then produce 2D dimensioned drawings that can be sent to machine shop. Can anyone recommend a simple tutorial or like that could step me through the process. TC is such a complex prog from someone new & am currently bashing my head against the wall. Maybe someone has produced tutorials or something on Lynda.com Would really appreciate any pointers.

Thks,  John

* November 27, 2015, 05:18:50 AM
Hi All,

Been messing around with TC Pro21 now for a few months & still struggle to get to grips with a simple workflow method.I come from zero CAD experience. All I want to try & do is say model as a simple box (of any kind) with say a hinged lid & lock & then produce 2D dimensioned drawings that can be sent to machine shop. Can anyone recommend a simple tutorial or like that could step me through the process. TC is such a complex prog from someone new & am currently bashing my head against the wall. Maybe someone has produced tutorials or something on Lynda.com Would really appreciate any pointers.

Thks,  John

Not what you requested John, but I thought I'd share this with you.

For inspiration and positive-encouragement, you might like taking a look at the "Garden Bench".pdf that Forum-member Up (another John) shared a while back.
A 3D Model that is "exploded", dimensioned and detailed... ready to be built.

That Topic Post is here (Reply #1).  The Garden Bench PDF.
Excellent example of applied use of TurboCAD.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* November 27, 2015, 05:43:22 AM
Hi All,

through the process. TC is such a complex prog from someone new & am currently bashing my head against the wall. Maybe someone has produced tutorials or something on Lynda.com Would really appreciate any pointers.

Thks,  John

Have a look at www.textualcreations.ca. Don's tutorials take you step by step thru the project, explaining each step throughly. There's also a wide variety of projects to select from.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.