TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Globe Stand
Read 3583 times
October 05, 2015, 07:50:23 PM
This is just something I modeled and rendered tonight to help me unwind from the day.

Modeled & Rendered in TurboCAD 2015 with RedSDK.

* October 05, 2015, 08:17:23 PM
I find that to be a very pleasant-looking picture, Don.

Henry H

* October 05, 2015, 08:18:40 PM
This is just something I modeled and rendered tonight to help me unwind from the day.

Modeled & Rendered in TurboCAD 2015 with RedSDK.

Very nice model and render Don.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* October 06, 2015, 12:31:03 AM
Lovely model Don, and your choice of globe makes a very nice scene. 

October 06, 2015, 11:53:16 AM
Great model and render, Don. Your talents do shine!
However, I do notice Greenland has grown significantly.

You have come a long way my friend. Remember this?

Win 8.1 Pro ~TC 21.2 Pro Plat
ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79
Intel Core i7-4930K~PNY NVIDIA Quadro K2200
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1866 
Corsair CPU Cooler H100i
SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SATA 6.0GB/s SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB (x2)
Stable @ 4.5 GigHz overclocked
NICE

October 06, 2015, 02:14:59 PM
You have come a long way my friend. Remember this?

I recognize that water tower from one of the early tutorials I wrote. :-) Looks like you gave it a home at the render station. Nice touch!

October 11, 2015, 07:04:25 AM
I have been playing around with other software lately and remodeled my globe stand there. I think the other software uses a pared down version of Keyshot and although some things are much easier to set up in that software I think that TurboCAD offers a better overall end render. This is mostly because we have so much more freedom in TurboCAD when it comes to lighting and other environment options. In the attached image, although easy to set up, I could not get a carpet shadow like my TC version has, so I had to forgo it. In my book, that is just too limiting.

I sure wish the TurboCAD market would grow substantially and we would see a lot more resources put into making RedSDK easier to work with. In some ways I like the renders from RedSDK more than I do with with LightWorks, but Red is still not as easy to work with as LightWorks and is missing some functions that made LightWorks a good solution for many years.

I also wish that TurboCAD would pour a lot more resource money into Smesh development so we had all the tools necessary to work better with that technology (T-Splines). The attached bi-plane was my first T-Spline model and I sure would have liked to have been able to do this in TurboCAD as easily as I could in the other software.

* October 11, 2015, 03:04:39 PM
Great models Don, as you say an improvement or advance in Smesh or Tsplines would be good but it would also be handy if you could turn an acis solid model into a Sub D model in memory and then edit and save it as it really would provide the best of both worlds and would encompass the art side as well as the engineering side.

With lots of memory in modern systems holding and editing a Sub D version of an Acis model in memory would be quite possible but of course would require the Sub D type tools and surface smoothing facets.

I think saving Acis solids as obj polygon, and quad formats would be a great help instead of triangles.

October 25, 2015, 04:55:12 AM
All nicely done Don,

RedSDK is a bit of a PITA. I know it was said last year, but it should get better.... ::)

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* October 26, 2015, 07:10:51 AM
All nicely done Don,

RedSDK is a bit of a PITA. I know it was said last year, but it should get better.... ::)
Agreed Darrel don't care for its performance.I have my doubts it will get better this been going on since V19 .The Gouraud shading it produces I get in that in the draft mode.

W.D.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison