TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Insert from file not searching for new file
Read 1614 times
* December 23, 2009, 01:23:20 PM
When I 'insert a picture from file' all goes perfectly. BUT (had to be one of them!)

Sometimes I have go out of TC and modify that picture file and save it as the same file name.
When I next delete the picture and do an insert using the same file name, TC sees it has been already loaded and just reloads the old file. TC must have a copy squirreled away. The preview shows the new file.

If I restart TC all works well. Is there any way to not have to restart TC?

Thanks
Ed
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 01:26:37 PM by edbardet »

Rel 20 Pro Platinum

* December 23, 2009, 01:27:34 PM
When I 'insert a picture from file' all goes perfectly. BUT (had to be one of them!)

Sometimes I have go out of TC and modify that picture file and save it as the same file name.
When I next delete the picture and do an insert using the same file name, TC sees it has been already loaded and just reloads the old file. TC must have a copy squirreled away.

If I restart TC all works well. Is there any way to not have to restart TC?

Thanks
Ed

Not sure, but I'm guessing that instead of simply deleting the picture, you'd have to open Image Manager (Tools|RasterImage|ImageManager) and delete it from there.

Henry H

* December 23, 2009, 01:56:57 PM
Henry-

That was it. You have to delete the picture from the drawing, then delete it from image manager.

Thanks a lot!!
Merry Christmas :)
Ed

Rel 20 Pro Platinum

* December 23, 2009, 02:20:32 PM
Henry-

That was it. You have to delete the picture from the drawing, then delete it from image manager.

Thanks a lot!!
Merry Christmas :)
Ed

You're welcome, Ed. Merry Christmas to you, too.

Henry H