TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Text justification and invisible text
Read 1571 times
* December 22, 2009, 07:49:28 AM
Text keeps reverting back to left justified, even after I save drawing and return to it later.  I am using v16.0.  Have also had problems recently with invisible text.  Any text I try to make larger than what is available in the text size drop down box becomes invisible.  Only way around it seems to be to use arial unicode MS font and set to scalable.  Does this font not work with all justifications? I can change the text justification in the drawing but it doesn't save when the file is saved and existed. This annoying stuff just started recently and I haven't changed anything in the program that I know of.

For as much as I love TC's drawing tools, I'd like to shove the text tools where the sun don't shine. >:(

* December 22, 2009, 11:59:02 AM
It seems that changing Windows to a lower resolution, opening TC and doing text, then saving, closing, and finally reseting the resolution seems to fix the invisibility problem. But I am still struggling with the font justification problem.

* December 22, 2009, 12:15:00 PM
Windows resolution change only works temporarily for invisible text.  Unicode and scalable works better but still does not change text justification issues. Running XP, service pack 3.   ???

* December 23, 2009, 08:31:46 AM
If I leave the resolution at a lower value (1600 x 1200) it works fine, but I can't take full advantage of my larger monitor (24" LCD). I wonder if a dedicated video card would solve the problem?  Working on a Dell Latitude D820 laptop with Windows XP, SP3 with built in mother board graphics. Anyone have experince with this?  TC is 16.0.