TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Setting custom properties improved in TC16??
Read 1349 times
* February 17, 2010, 05:27:14 PM
In TurboCad v15 Professional Architectural version that I am using, adding custom properties to an object is ridiculous. I'm trying to add properties in my drawing which consists of a complete house framing, to give me an accurate materials list when I'm finished.

But adding custom properties is tedious and almost enough to cause me to pull my hair out each time I have to do it. I try to do a lot of copying to avoid having to add the properties, but that isn't always the case.

As it is now, I have to create the object, then bring up it's properties. Click the Custom label. Then click "Attach". Then I have to *invidually* click each property I want to add...which -always- happens to be ALL of them. I can't click and then shift-click to select them all to make it easier. I can't right-click and say "select all" or "add all".  So then I click OK on that dialog.

Now I have to type in my info for each property. Description...type a description and press enter. Now I have to grab the mouse again and click to the next field. Pressing enter and being taken automatically to the next property would be nice.  Or even pressing TAB to move to the next property item would be nice!

If I have to explode an item, I lose ALL of this information and have to re-do it.

Is it any easier in TC16???

Thanks,

Tom

TurboCad Professional 15.2 Architectural Edition

February 17, 2010, 11:45:45 PM
Can't tell you about V16, but I can tell you that you can apply the same Material to several objects at a time if they are all selected when you go into Properties.  The Open Window selection mode (right-click the mouse when the cursor is over the main work area) can be toggled so that sweep select can select only objects that are completely within the sweep, or only partially.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1