TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

What If ?
Read 1626 times
* April 18, 2015, 10:23:05 PM
What if you were asked by a creative mind to generate a 3D model of a Net Zero Ecology House from dwg engineering files, down to plumbing lines and all structural ?   

I said I could do it using TurboCAD for some parts and Envisioneer for others. And I did.

Then what if you were asked to represent the model in conjunction with an East Coast 'agricultural' college interested in building the Ecology Home surrounded by 'Sustainable Gardens' ?

I said, send me the Garden layout. Which they did and although I don't have a green thumb and the layout was a plan view drawn with pastels, more artistic than well defined I gave it a shot.

So, the link below is the result.

I imported the finished model into Real Time Landscape Architect and after completing a daytime video, I decided to try a night time version. Started at 10 am this morning and just finished uploading the video to You Tube. 1:00 am.

Not knowing what on the 'plan' a light green pastel means as opposed to dark green , I added grape vines / sunflowers , cabbage , onions, lettuce , various shrubs and trees. Some water features using collected rainwater ++ were added and I hit Create Movie.

RESULTS

379 mb wmv file
5028 Frames at 30 fps
1920x1080
83 min 48 seconds later it was done.

2:48 seconds long.
AND I got it to do 1080 HD by using the larger output.

All this was made possible by learning 'some aspects' of TCAD years ago !!  with a ton of help from the good folks on this forum ! 

http://youtu.be/6wrRUxssKok   

Thanks ..  (ps.. that's my better half and me,  enjoying the evening)

Jack

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:50:22 PM by Jack Zimmer »

* April 19, 2015, 02:06:11 AM
Looks Terrific Jack, the walking people in the daytime one is a nice touch.

April 19, 2015, 08:49:12 AM
Great Job all round!  :)

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* April 19, 2015, 10:18:07 AM
That's just incredible, Jack.

...Great to hear from you again, BTW!

Henry H

* April 20, 2015, 09:42:40 AM
This is just wonderful!! The use of lights are amazing, as well as the reflection in the pool. I also like the changing clouds. What did you use for
animation? Is that the Envisioneer part?

My What If? if:
   What if I could do drawings and animations as well as this?!

Maybe one day.

TC 21 Deluxe, TC 20 Platinum, TC 2015 Platinum, TC 2016 Platinum, TC 2017 Platinum
i7- 3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz, 16G Crucial Ballistic, ASRock Extreme 4, EVGA 1060 SSC, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

* April 20, 2015, 11:35:17 AM
Here is one 'last one', with Sunset option and leaf fall.

6031 frames @ 3:21 min long, but faster render using 'sunlight' rather than all 'night lighting'.  55 min to render.

https://youtu.be/QiAYGfkAzGk 

Make sure to click 'gear' icon , bottom right in You Tube frame and set to 1080 p HD.

================

Great to get your always positive reply's Henry .  I hope Don gets that 'kick starter' going for your new computer.

=============

Hi Jason, 

I use a combination of programs, always have. TurboCad was used to create most of the detailed structural aspects of the Ecology House. Those 'parts' were imported into Envisioneer which I use for most all my Architectural work as it has BIM and communicates with other programs used for Truss takeoffs, Structural members and 20/20 Kitchen program.

But Realtime Landscape Architect was used for the videos. The model is imported as a .skp file into it and all other landscape aspects added. I use it because of it's strength in Animation and relatively low cost.

thanks for all the nice comments.

Jack

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:51:09 AM by Jack Zimmer »