TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Drafting palette crashing TurboCAD
Read 2321 times
March 05, 2015, 10:10:52 PM
Just wondering why trying to open my drafting palette would cause TC to crash. I posted in problems but haven't had any response yet. I have been using drafting palette lately and was wondering if I need to delete some drawings or something to fix. Maybe clean install? Hoping to avoid this if possible.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 09:46:04 PM by SteveS »

TCPro2015 / TCPro18  / Windows 10 / Intel Core i7 5500 NVIDEA GeForce 930M

March 06, 2015, 12:51:42 AM
Steve,

is this with all drawings, or just one particular example?
If the latter, could you post?

Regards Tim

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017-2020 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018-2020 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.
Windows 10 Pro (1909) 64-bit

March 06, 2015, 05:16:49 AM
This is the type of issue that is often resolved with doing the "Delete the contents of the Built-in Folder..." thing.

Not assured; but it's probably what you should try, and post back the results.

~Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

March 06, 2015, 05:23:05 AM
Just read you edition to your other post, in the Problems board.  Seems you may have already tried what I just suggested; you wrote "build", but you may have meant "Built-in".

If so, next thing to try is running a "Repair".

Alvin Gregorio
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

March 06, 2015, 07:40:01 PM
Sorry, did indeed mean "Built-in". It crashes with any drawing I open or even a new drawing saved or unsaved. I just can't use drafting palette anymore (it crashes TC as soon as I try to open the palette, so far every time I try it).

I was using drafting palette just before this problem and have some drawings where I have used drafting palette to create views (elevations, sections etc) in Paper Space to print as plans. I have also been using the "Create by View Line" tool to get specifically located sections. Could this be related to my problem?

Yesterday I backed up my "TurboCAD Professional 18" folder under "My Documents" and was thinking of doing a clean install of TC but will give the repair option a go first.

Just checking, when you say "repair", do you mean in Windows Control panel/Programs and Features (Windows 7)?

Thanks.
Ps: should we take this topic back to my original post in Problems? I wasn't sure if I should of posted in General Discussion but didn't seem to get much response in Problems so got desperate. Don't want to break protocol :)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:44:23 PM by SteveS »

March 06, 2015, 08:43:41 PM
Sorry, did indeed mean "Built-in". ...

"Repair" from Windows Control Panel is one of the methods I was referring to.
Or running "Repair" from your Installation Disk, or Installation Download file, or whatever/wherever medium in which you have it.

It's just the next thing to try, I think, in the order of severity to try to resolve your issue.

~Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

March 06, 2015, 09:45:12 PM

Or running "Repair" from your Installation Disk,

Happy days :D Ran repair from Installation Disk and seems to have fixed my drafting palette. Don't what I did but TC didn't like it.

Took two attempts to get it to repair...first time I inserted the disk, my CD-Rom sounded like a horse galloping down a street...second time it worked perfectly. Have to admit...don't really use the CD-Rom much these days. Just hope my computer isn't about to crap itself. Anyway life goes on :)

Thanks for that Alvin.