TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

design director palette missing
Read 1767 times
* November 29, 2009, 04:07:52 PM
DDir isn't available in View menu or palette local menu anymore.  This happened before and I thought I remembered finding a simple recovery in the old forum some time ago.  Also, the M and PSpace tabs are invisible until I click in the region, and then they will show until I select something else.  The tooltip names show when I mouseover the region, even when the tabs are gone.  I remember this issue a couple years ago, too, but not the resolution.

I'm sure reinstall is likely indicated, but thought I'd check in just in case.  11.2 Pro

Thanks much  Lee G

Oh, and I did rename the desktop.ist file first, and 'reset all'.  Now, after the 3rd restart and re-applying the patch, the sheet tabs are back. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:21:56 PM by Lee G »

V21 Plat build 59 x64  / LW / Win7 64; Intel 3000 GPU; 3.1GHZ; 16GB

December 01, 2009, 03:19:57 PM
What OS are you using, if Vista the TCv11 UI will break and things will disappear.

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* December 02, 2009, 09:43:11 AM
Oops, sorry.  I am on Vista now, but the first time i remember it happening, it was still XP or 2K.  Seems that someone found the pallete was off-screen or something then, and recovered with a reset or the like.  But I dual boot, so that's an easy solution. 

For the record, I've gotten some good mileage on Vista/11, the only other problem was that program shutdown gave an error msg having no ill effect, so I forgot I was stretching a little.  Love to upgrade, but u-no . . . 

Thanks for getting back to me.

Lee

V21 Plat build 59 x64  / LW / Win7 64; Intel 3000 GPU; 3.1GHZ; 16GB

December 02, 2009, 10:41:51 AM
Probably need to reload your workspace. 

Tools|Customize| Load From

If that does not work you can delete the contents of the built in folder.  Delete the content of the folder but not the folder itself.

Here are the default locations for XP and Vista.

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\IMSI\TurboCAD\11\Professional\Profiles\Built-in

C:\Documents and Settings\rfowler\Application Data\IMS\TurboCAD\11\Professional\Profiles\Built-in

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC