TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Value of Offer?
Read 2773 times
* January 27, 2015, 12:39:18 PM
Guys - As you may know I'm trying V21 Platinum, but had planned to buy V20 Platinum when the trial runs out to save many $'s.  However, I got a call from IMSI today with an attractive offer for V21 Platinum that includes their training and symbols library.  But, I don't know anything about their training nor the symbols library.  Have any of you taken their training?  How good is it?  Do any of you have the symbols?  If so, how useful have you found it?

Just looking for some guidance from the experts.  Thanks!

* January 28, 2015, 07:28:45 AM
Did I ask verboten questions?  Or dumb ones?  I can see that 55 people have looked at this thread but no one has answered.

Don Cheke - I really liked your training so am inclined to use yours.  But I'm just curious what IMSI's training is like since it was thrown into a deal with no additional charge.

All - I'm just looking for input, but if I should not be asking then please tell me so.

January 28, 2015, 07:45:05 AM
I have never seen their training guides so cannot say what they are like.

With regards to their symbol, I have never found any that suited me. I always create my own so I know they are accurate. Others might find some useful, but one never sees anyone rave about them on the forum.

* January 28, 2015, 09:54:05 AM
Thanks, Don.  I appreciate the feedback.

I'm reluctant to ask explicit questions here on prices or share the offer that IMSI made me as I'm afraid that would be against some rule or guideline.  So, I've sent you an email with the question to get your guidance.  If you tell me from the email that I can post the question here then I'll do that.

Thanks again.

January 28, 2015, 10:29:46 AM
Thanks, Don.  I appreciate the feedback.

I'm reluctant to ask explicit questions here on prices or share the offer that IMSI made me as I'm afraid that would be against some rule or guideline.  So, I've sent you an email with the question to get your guidance.  If you tell me from the email that I can post the question here then I'll do that.

Thanks again.

I replied Gary. You were wise not to post about pricing as that is one thing that IMSI will not allow on the forum. They would likely delete the post containing $ info.

* January 28, 2015, 10:44:01 AM
Many thanks, Don.  You've helped me make a decision.  And, I didn't think it would be a good idea to post about pricing I'd been offered, so I'm glad I asked first.

* January 28, 2015, 01:36:38 PM
hi gary:

I have used the training guides for 2d and 3d. the original 2d guide I had used a voice track as a tutorial supplement. the subsequent one that I ordered for version 19 or 20 did not have this voice prompt and I found it a bit more work, but the content is all there. I'm not sure what level of experience you have. I learned a great deal not only about the program, but cadd basics that have been invaluable.

ed

* January 28, 2015, 03:11:30 PM
hi gary:

I have used the training guides for 2d and 3d. the original 2d guide I had used a voice track as a tutorial supplement. the subsequent one that I ordered for version 19 or 20 did not have this voice prompt and I found it a bit more work, but the content is all there. I'm not sure what level of experience you have. I learned a great deal not only about the program, but cadd basics that have been invaluable.

ed

Thanks.  I have the chance to get them included in a deal so am considering it.  Your input helps make the decision.

* February 02, 2015, 10:21:15 AM
Years ago when I bought version 14 pro I also got there training guides for 2d and 3d along with the manual. They were separate books. I still reference them sometimes. I walked through them and learned the program easily. Nowadays they are apparently digital and talk to you so I am not sure how that goes but without their books I wouldn't have been able to figure a lot out. Not sure if that helps at all. I would like eventually to get a couple of Don's tutorials also as I am sure there are ways to improve the things I do now and most definitely things I don't know yet.

TC 14 pro.  TC 18, 21,22 pro platinum. 3 s10's and an s4. Creality Ender 5.