TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Problems saving dwg to pdf in TurboCad 20
Read 3328 times
* August 16, 2014, 10:55:29 AM
Hi all,

I've had this issue on and off for some time. When I try to save a dwg to pdf the end result is rarely as the dwg looks. Issues with hatching, dashed lines and saving the entire picture when converted to pdf are blighting me at present. I have tried CutePDF, Bullzip, PDF123 and PDFill, ll with the same results.

Is there any chance you could look at the attached dwg and see if you can save to pdf? If you can I'd would love to know how you did it!

Please note that some minor formatting may be needed as the lines come out bold when freshly loaded. I suspect I've not done something I ought to have at some point in the creating of the map.

Many thanks in advance and all the best

Phil

August 16, 2014, 11:17:14 AM
[Original Post]

Attached is what I get when I print your DWG's Paperspace-2 to PDF, using my (±$80) FinePrint PdfFactoryPro-4.0-- Color and Black Only.

Looks right?

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* August 16, 2014, 11:35:36 AM
Hi Alvin,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Some formatting issues and I get the same result using CutePDF and other free pdf printers. The lilac box in the legend should be hatched, the red polygon to the south of the plan labelled G4 should be dashed lines and the red circles at the bottom of the map should all be the same line thickness. The gap at the bottom where the 3 red circles are should be hatched.

Any ideas where I might be going wrong? Should I be rendering it  before saving? To be honest, I don't even know what rendering is but read something about it on Don Chekes help pages!

Many thanks

Phil

August 16, 2014, 01:31:14 PM
Phil

How did you come across this DWG file?
I mean:  Did it start out as a TurboCAD drawing-- that you "Saved As..." a DWG-file?  Or did someone just send to you a DWG, and-- since you don't have AutoCAD-- you decided to open it in TurboCAD, make some editions, and print it to PDF in TurboCAD?

What I'm driving at is:  Maybe it's not so much a "saving dwg to pdf..." issue, but rather a losing some formatting when opening a DWG-file in TurboCAD issue.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

August 16, 2014, 01:39:34 PM
Phil

Yeah... it seems to be an opening a DWG in TurboCAD and having some Scaling-- and other Formatting/Properties-- issues issue.

The World pen-width scaling in some entities is causing you an issue.  As well, the "lilac" rectangle in the legend... the Brush Scale is causing you an issue (it's set at 2540... when 10 is probably what you are after).

I--  or someone else-- will make some changes and post a PDF and see if it's what you are after.

-Alvin
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:33:02 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio

August 16, 2014, 01:58:36 PM
The lilac box in the legend should be hatched, the red polygon to the south of the plan labelled G4 should be dashed lines and the red circles at the bottom of the map should all be the same line thickness. The gap at the bottom where the 3 red circles are should be hatched.
Phil

See if the attached PDF attends to the "formatting" issues you described.  It's two pages; page-1 is Color, page-2 is Black Only.
________
[EDIT]:  In my first PDF (REDMARLEY DXF_TCP-AlvinEdit-1-V19), I took a guess at how you wanted the "gap at the bottom where the 3 red circles are should be hatched".
In the second PDF, I guessed a different way (REDMARLEY DXF_TCP-AlvinEdit-2-V19).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:11:08 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio

* August 16, 2014, 02:09:26 PM
When opening the file TurboCAD, I got the 'line pattern' error that Alvin mentioned. I suspect that is related to the "No Dig" hatch.

I changed Layer "0" to a zero Pen Width and Layer "OBS_MARKER" to 2mm. The Blocks with the plus+ marks now display normally 'on screen', but the PDF shows them as fat circular objects; what was on your screen previously.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

August 16, 2014, 02:15:51 PM
Any ideas where I might be going wrong? Should I be rendering it  before saving? ...

Phil

No, you should not "be rendering it before saving".
Rendering doesn't apply with your drawing.
Rendering is that thing that makes 3D stuff look fancy... so doggone good (i.e.:  Hidden Line Render; Draft Render; Quality Render; and [I think] Advanced Render).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:17:32 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio

* August 17, 2014, 05:54:46 AM
Hi all,

I've had this issue on and off for some time. When I try to save a dwg to pdf the end result is rarely as the dwg looks. Issues with hatching, dashed lines and saving the entire picture when converted to pdf are blighting me at present. I have tried CutePDF, Bullzip, PDF123 and PDFill, ll with the same results.

Is there any chance you could look at the attached dwg and see if you can save to pdf? If you can I'd would love to know how you did it!

Please note that some minor formatting may be needed as the lines come out bold when freshly loaded. I suspect I've not done something I ought to have at some point in the creating of the map.

Many thanks in advance and all the best

Phil

Hi Phil,
Try the attached, files.
Let me know if there are any other changes.
The attached PDF was created with the '" save as" PDF in Turbcad v20 while in Paper space. I didn't use any third party Pdf programs.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 06:09:08 AM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21,20,19 and 18.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,4 GB ram.