TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Newbie Questions
Read 2145 times
* January 10, 2015, 09:51:31 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie to the Forum and to TurboCAD.

I've been reviewing the training videos and documentation and have a few general question.

A  -  When doing multiple drawings of a part, i.e. end view, side view and top view, and multiple parts for the project, how should they organized?  All in one file, separate pages, how?

B  -  What are Paper Space and how are they used?

Thanks for your help,

Dale Winburn

* January 10, 2015, 10:36:00 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie to the Forum and to TurboCAD.

I've been reviewing the training videos and documentation and have a few general question.

A  -  When doing multiple drawings of a part, i.e. end view, side view and top view, and multiple parts for the project, how should they organized?  All in one file, separate pages, how?

B  -  What are Paper Space and how are they used?

Thanks for your help,

Dale Winburn

Welcome to the forum.
A good rule to start out with...do the drawing  at Full Scale 1:1 in Model Space. I do detail drawings for a cabinet shop. My preference is to do all the views of a particular room of cabinets in one file, including Plan view, Elevations and Sections. I also add all dimensions and notes in Model Space. The attachment is fairly basic guide to using Paper Space, but it should get you started.  Enjoy!!

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

January 10, 2015, 10:53:22 AM

Welcome to the forum.
A good rule to start out with...do the drawing  at Full Scale 1:1 in Model Space. I do detail drawings for a cabinet shop. My preference is to do all the views of a particular room of cabinets in one file, including Plan view, Elevations and Sections. I also add all dimensions and notes in Model Space. The attachment is fairly basic guide to using Paper Space, but it should get you started.  Enjoy!!

That's a great, simple, easy to comprehend, tutorial Don.
I hadn't come across that before, on these Forums.

Mighty generous of you to put the time and effort into creating the tutorial, and sharing it.
    (I'm sure many newer-TurboCADers would appreciate having the TurboCAD drawing-file used to create the tutorial-- for reference.  I'm assuming you created it, Don[?])

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* January 10, 2015, 11:19:25 AM

(I'm sure many newer-TurboCADers would appreciate having the TurboCAD drawing-file used to create the tutorial-- for reference.  I'm assuming you created it, Don[?])

-Alvin

Thanks for compliment Alvin, yes I did in fact create the tutorial in v.12. I struggled to understand PaperSpace and when I finally got it through my thick head how it worked I thought I would to the tutorial. I think it was available on the old forum.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* January 10, 2015, 11:44:27 AM
Don,

Thanks for the info and tutorial, it was very helpful.

Dale

* January 11, 2015, 05:30:48 PM

-Alvin

Thanks for compliment Alvin, yes I did in fact create the tutorial in v.12. I struggled to understand PaperSpace and when I finally got it through my thick head how it worked I thought I would to the tutorial. I think it was available on the old forum.

I share in the compliment.  I pondered for a bit why the interface appeared so familiar (I used V6,8,9,11,12,14,&15) before dropping out of that game for a time.  (I managed some very large construction contracts; no time to play.)  I am at a career turning point and am taking a look at TCad again (will upgrade from ACAD LT 2012) for 3D process mechanical drawings.  JUST starting, which is why I jumped on this link.

I'd also forgotten about the change from the old forum.  Explains why I didn't exist here any longer.   :D  Looking forward to good info as in days gone by.

Damien*

The old Athlon 64 X2 4400+ is on its last legs so Coming soon!

i7-4790k OC to 4.3 MHz, Quadro 2200K, 16GB 2400 MHz DDR3, 256 GB SSD, Win7 Pro 64.