TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

New Bronze sculpture Vase
Read 2273 times
* June 26, 2014, 11:34:54 PM
A test in a new series of bronze and porcelain sculptures, this one is based on Shakespeare's witches in Macbeth with the three witches supporting a cauldron.

A bit to play with in relation to text etc yet, so just a trial.

June 27, 2014, 12:38:11 AM
Michael,

very impressive.  I don't know how you do it!  8)

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

* June 27, 2014, 08:41:55 AM
Looks like a tricky bit of modeling there, Michael. I really like it.

Henry H

* June 27, 2014, 09:21:42 AM
Sorry I should have said Henry, the main design was done in Turbocad and the distortion to a more organic shape was done in Moi with the Deform Flow command where you can distort one solid around another, you can also twist the finished solid. I have said this a number of times and will plug again, wish IMSI had Michael Gibson from Moi onboard for some of the more organic solid routines, as the combination of both Turbocad and Moi3d has great potential.

* June 27, 2014, 04:53:26 PM
Sorry I should have said Henry, the main design was done in Turbocad and the distortion to a more organic shape was done in Moi with the Deform Flow command where you can distort one solid around another, you can also twist the finished solid. I have said this a number of times and will plug again, wish IMSI had Michael Gibson from Moi onboard for some of the more organic solid routines, as the combination of both Turbocad and Moi3d has great potential.

Nice modeling! I agree with you Michael this would be a killer combo. TC has done great implementing the push pull type commands and the organic modeling tools have improved but that would take it to a different level.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 05:29:21 AM by Hammer »

June 27, 2014, 07:09:42 PM
Nice looking model Michael. Good to see the use of MoI to help fill the gaps that exist with TC.

* June 28, 2014, 03:41:42 PM
A test in a new series of bronze and porcelain sculptures, this one is based on Shakespeare's witches in Macbeth with the three witches supporting a cauldron.

That’s beautiful Michael!
Was the text “Macbeth” done in Turbocad? It looks like a color displacement or height map.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21,20,19 and 18.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,4 GB ram.

* June 29, 2014, 01:59:39 AM

That’s beautiful Michael!
Was the text “Macbeth” done in Turbocad? It looks like a color displacement or height map.

Thanks for the replies everyone!.

Don, Moi has been of great benefit for the more organic facets and is just like Turbocad, another one of my favorite tools.

Dean, the Macbeth text is a bump map, even though I started of with 3d text it does not have the advantages of having a smooth transition like a bump map, but have still got a 3d text version to do as I need to turn it into an stl file for 3d printing or casting when time and money allows, just spent all night on some of the finished versions in different color porcelain. The witches have got hats on now, and also a proper base.