TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Can't select items
Read 1255 times
* May 10, 2014, 10:32:22 PM
I am new to TC and I'm using Designer 21 64-bit.  I drew a dimensioned subdivision lot, then made a named view and placed it in a paper-space drawing.  To begin a new drawing of a second lot, I saved the model to a new name.  Now, for some reason I can't select any items in model mode.  Even when I create new entities such as a rectangle, I can't select them.  Please help.

Thanks!

* May 10, 2014, 10:50:42 PM
Never used designer but it sounds like the layer has become accidentally locked, go to options - drawing setup - layers, and see if the padlock is closed, if it is - click it to open it.

May 11, 2014, 07:40:33 AM
I am new to TC and I'm using Designer 21 64-bit.  I drew a dimensioned subdivision lot, then made a named view and placed it in a paper-space drawing.  To begin a new drawing of a second lot, I saved the model to a new name.  Now, for some reason I can't select any items in model mode.  Even when I create new entities such as a rectangle, I can't select them.  Please help.

Thanks!

It's always quickest and most efficient to upload/attach the Drawing file here for diagnosis and help.

Having typed that:  There is a setting in Options/General page in the "Save/Open" section that is "Open all files as read only".  I don't have any experience with that, because I have never had it checked.  But check it out... may be your issue.  (note:  We may have to exit and re-start TurboCAD for any changes in that field to take effect.)

-Alvin
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:29:50 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)