TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Transferring TurboCAD v.9 to new PC
Read 1580 times
* March 20, 2014, 12:02:18 PM
Evening All,

I have been happily using TurboCAD v.9 on an occasional basis (mainly for DIY Projects around the home) for many years - It was installed on my Pentium 4 PC running Win XP; Unfortunately, after 12 years of excellent service it gave up the ghost (Major M/B problem) - I bought myself a new (Core i5) PC running Win 7 Pro that allows me to run (most of) my old Win XP Programs in a Virtual Win XP Window. I re-installed TurboCAD 9 from my original disk and got the "You have 0 days left to Register" message so I uninstalled it from the Virtual XP Mode and tried installing it under Win 7 in " Win XP Compatibility Mode" - This actually worked and when starting, I got the message "you have 28 days left to register" and THIS is where my problem lies;  I have my original program disk but I have lost/mislaid the original CD Case and any reference to Serial numbers/Activation Codes. Can anyone please help?

Cheers

keithceng

March 20, 2014, 12:42:36 PM
Key code is either 92GK75 or 92AH75.  You should be able to enter these by choosing the register by telephone option.

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* March 22, 2014, 05:00:36 AM
Hi Turbotech,

Many thanks for that info but curiously, the next time I started TurboCAD the message "You have .. days left to register" did NOT appear! I did get a message "The Server name or Address could not be resolved" but I could close that window and continue using TurboCAD with no problem - Not quite sure why it seems to work OK now so I'll just happily accept it! I presume the keycodes you gave me would remain valid, should I need to use them in the future?

Regards

keithceng

* March 23, 2014, 06:12:09 PM
Have you tried to upgrade? I found a reasonable V19 online.  They have offered updates to this, to V21. 

I would assume the same would be available for your software.  I assume all drawings would be veiwable or transferable to newer versions.

Just a thought!