TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

V16.2 Full Install Crashes
Read 1465 times
* November 05, 2009, 11:01:59 AM
This has happened twice. shortly after opening a new drawing I was browsing through the text properties and it just went straight back to the desktop, with not so much as a KMA, the other instance was using the leader tool manipulating a series of ballooned item Nos.
HP PAVILION 2.66 GHz
2GB
Nvidea FX 500
Never had this problem before the new full install.

November 05, 2009, 02:33:57 PM
You may want to do a clean install, possibly settings of the older install could cause this.

After using add/remove programs or the programs and features control panel delete the following folders.

XP

C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCWP16

C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD\16\Professional

Vista

C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCWP16

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD\16\Professional

Re-install TurboCAD from the download. 

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* November 06, 2009, 12:36:31 PM
Thanks' for that, I do like the full install method instead of all the patches, It would be great if this became imsi design policy.
Dan :)

* November 06, 2009, 01:56:53 PM
re: ...delete the following folders. —  C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD\16\Professional

For the "AppData / Application Data" section, this seems a bit severe to me. I think deleting the contents of the "Built-in" folder would be enough. Deleting the other folders wipes out any custom LightWorks settings you may have created. Those settings that aren't assigned to objects in the various drawings will have to be recreated.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit