TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Images in TC files regularly get lost
Read 2060 times
October 30, 2013, 11:43:03 PM
I have read a number of posts over the years about users having trouble keeping images in their files.

I have had ongoing problems in this area over the years throughout the various versions of TC.  Whether I embed the files via the image manager or not, or insert from file, my drawing files regularly "lose" the link to the image and I have to browse for and re-load the image. 

This seems to happen even when the image file is in the same folder as the drawing file. 

I have also tried making the image into a block thinking this might fully embed the image in the drawing file, but again the images often get lost.

Does anyone else currently have this problem - say with TC 20 platinum, latest update (although the problem has not been limited to this version).

Using Turbocad Professional V19 64 bit on Windows 7 64bit
Sony Vaio VPCSB 8gb ram Intel Core i5 2.4 Ghz

James Stephenson Architect
Brisbane, Qld, Australia

* November 01, 2013, 05:37:15 AM
I have the exact same issues and also like you over several versions of turbocad. If anyone can help this would be outstanding.....

* November 01, 2013, 06:08:59 AM
I have the exact same issues and also like you over several versions of turbocad. If anyone can help this would be outstanding.....

In case Dave is following this Topic, and is "polling":

I have the exact same issues and also like you over several versions of TurboCAD.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

November 03, 2013, 07:10:17 AM
My main use of images is a a wrap for an object - I put an "overlay" on the front panel of an analyzer rather often.
Quite often a drawing can't find the image, but it so far has always because I moved the drawing from one folder to another.  It seems that this confuses TCAD.  Still, it is easily fixed.

Roland

Roland Aldridge
Windows 7 ultimate, Core i7 3.07GHz, 4 cores, 9G memory GEForce GTX 285

* November 14, 2013, 10:34:56 PM
Don't forget you must click on 'embed' AND then 'apply'. before inserting the image. I've lost none since adopting that procedure.
All the best,
John Douglas

* December 05, 2013, 07:15:58 AM
I have noticed that if the image is large to begin with and then sized down to fit into a drawing it seems to cause problems and could disappear???
I made the picture that I was bringing in smaller in size and then brought it in and it seems to be OK