I am working on pie charts in TC16 <> thanks for the previous help
My problem is materials ...
the link above shows a transparent material ... the material is wood > cherry > wrapped grid >
1. Why is this transparent? I set transparency to 1.0 and the object disappears completely.
2. Can I make every material transparent?
3. Can all TC16 materials be colored <> for example how do you color 'carpet' materials?
4. Can I make 3-D objects a solid color ... if so, how?
Help with basic materials is appreciated
1. Version 16 offers 10 different kinds of Transparency
. Apparently you're using "Wrapped grid," which applies transparency in a gridlike pattern rather than uniformly. Try "Plain coverage," with Coverage
= 0.5 for starters (0 gives total transparency; 1.0 gives total opacity).
2. Yes, you can add any kind of Transparency
to any material, but I suggest you stick with "Plain coverage" unless special effects are desired. Transparency gets tricky if you use "Decal" Reflectance
-- which is a lot of work and rarely worth it, IMO.
3. Best way to make a "carpet" material is with "Wrapped filtered image" Pattern. Find an image you like and wrap it onto the object. If you need help with this, post 1) a drawing containing the object to be wrapped; 2) the image; 3) whatever supplemental info you think might be useful.
4. Not sure what you mean by, "solid color." If you mean a uniform color with no shading whatever, use "Constant" Reflectance. If that's not what you meant, please clarify.