TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

materials for 3-D pie chart
Read 2718 times
February 09, 2010, 02:50:18 AM
http://art-post.net/images/Pie-chart-5-3-Db.PNG

I am working on pie charts in TC16 <> thanks for the previous help

My problem is materials ...

the link above shows a transparent material ... the material is wood > cherry > wrapped grid >
scale .01
width .8
H .8
grid .2
transparency 0
fuzz .5

1. Why is this transparent? I set transparency to 1.0 and the object disappears completely.

2. Can I make every material transparent?

Color questions:

3. Can all TC16 materials be colored <> for example how do you color 'carpet' materials?

4. Can I make 3-D objects a solid color ... if so, how?

Help with basic materials is appreciated

Gene Haynes

* February 09, 2010, 07:37:24 AM
http://art-post.net/images/Pie-chart-5-3-Db.PNG

I am working on pie charts in TC16 <> thanks for the previous help

My problem is materials ...

the link above shows a transparent material ... the material is wood > cherry > wrapped grid >
scale .01
width .8
H .8
grid .2
transparency 0
fuzz .5

1. Why is this transparent? I set transparency to 1.0 and the object disappears completely.

2. Can I make every material transparent?

Color questions:

3. Can all TC16 materials be colored <> for example how do you color 'carpet' materials?

4. Can I make 3-D objects a solid color ... if so, how?

Help with basic materials is appreciated

1. Version 16 offers 10 different kinds of Transparency. Apparently you're using "Wrapped grid," which applies transparency in a gridlike pattern rather than uniformly. Try "Plain coverage," with Coverage = 0.5 for starters (0 gives total transparency; 1.0 gives total opacity).

2. Yes, you can add any kind of Transparency to any material, but I suggest you stick with "Plain coverage" unless special effects are desired. Transparency gets tricky if you use "Decal" Reflectance -- which is a lot of work and rarely worth it, IMO.

3. Best way to make a "carpet" material is with "Wrapped filtered image" Pattern. Find an image you like and wrap it onto the object. If you need help with this, post 1) a drawing containing the object to be wrapped; 2) the image; 3) whatever supplemental info you think might be useful.

4. Not sure what you mean by, "solid color." If you mean a uniform color with no shading whatever, use "Constant" Reflectance. If that's not what you meant, please clarify.

Henry H

February 10, 2010, 12:29:05 AM
Thanks for the help, Henry

Gene Haynes