TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Starting to learn TC and pulling my hair out.
Read 2388 times
* October 22, 2009, 07:21:14 PM
I've been using DesignCAD for years, but TC rendering is a lot better.  But I'm going crazy getting use to TC.  Simple things like trying to move the working plane: it rarely snaps where I want it.  Can you make a polyline go along the x-y plane then up the y-z plane then across the x-z plane?  When you tab to the inspector bar all I see is length and angle - how about xyz cordnates.  It's also odd that Z is up, most graphs y is up and z is depth.  
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:23:09 PM by csuebele »

* October 22, 2009, 07:36:32 PM
Can you make a polyline go along the x-y plane then up the y-z plane then across the x-z plane?

Yup. Use the 3D Polyline tool -- and work in an isometric view. Before actually using the tool, I like to create some kind of 3D object to use as a framework or armature to which I can snap the Polyline vertices.

Henry H

* October 22, 2009, 08:02:57 PM
Can you make a polyline go along the x-y plane then up the y-z plane then across the x-z plane?

Yup. Use the 3D Polyline tool -- and work in an isometric view. Before actually using the tool, I like to create some kind of 3D object to use as a framework or armature to which I can snap the Polyline vertices.

Henry H

Thanks, I must have been using the wrong polyline tool.  Can you punch doors and windows into walls made by the wall tool?  Got an error when I tried to do a solid subtract.

* October 23, 2009, 03:00:38 AM
re: Doors and Windows

There are Door and Windows tools at "Tools / Architecture / Window (or Door)". These will place one of those objects into a wall where you snap to. Those tools need to be set up prior to using, as the default settings are very small. The Help is pretty good at describing the various "Architecture Tools".

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* October 23, 2009, 05:06:47 AM
re: Doors and Windows

There are Door and Windows tools at "Tools / Architecture / Window (or Door)". These will place one of those objects into a wall where you snap to. Those tools need to be set up prior to using, as the default settings are very small. The Help is pretty good at describing the various "Architecture Tools".

Thanks, John.  I knew I must have been missing something.