TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

ERATTIC WALL BEHAVIOR
Read 1857 times
October 23, 2009, 09:32:03 AM
Just had an incident that really upset my file.  Something happened that set all of my walls to 0 thickness.  They just appear as lines.  As I had made a lot of changes since saving, (I know I should know better) I saved a backup copy of the file and then tried to select all of the walls and globally change the thickness.  I could select the walls and change their properties but the walls will not show any thickness or height in the drawing.  The properties, however, do show the proper information.  I closed the file and opened my backup copy and it has the same behavior.  I can't remember exactly what I was doing when this happened.  I think I was splitting a wall with the wall split tool.  I am attaching the offending file in case someone else can make it work or if IMSI Design wants to look at the problem.

Edit:  I found the problem.  A box in the standard wall style editor that adds material thickness to the wall width became unchecked.  Since the material thickness was zero all walls went to zero.   Checked the box and life is good again.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 10:31:16 AM by coxwelljon »

Jon Coxwell, AIA
Windows Win 7x64
TC19,20 32 bit, 20,21,22 64 bit (Platinum)
RedSDK usually off  Win 10 pro

Save the Planet
Conserve & Recycle

* October 23, 2009, 10:53:59 AM
Edit:  I found the problem.  A box in the standard wall style editor that adds material thickness to the wall width became unchecked.  Since the material thickness was zero all walls went to zero.   Checked the box and life is good again.

Where/what is that box, Jon?

I found that setting the "Wall style" to "Two-component wall" (Properties|General) seems to fix it, too. In retrospect, that is no surprise, given that "Standard" style contained the error you mentioned.

Henry H

* October 23, 2009, 12:37:34 PM
re: Where/what is that box?

Here ya go Henry. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* October 23, 2009, 02:07:34 PM
re: Where/what is that box?

Here ya go Henry. :)

Thanks, John. Having located "Plus Wall Width" in Help, I had a look at the whole article on Component Wall Properties and found it mind-boggling :-(  My hat is off to Jon C. for mastering it.

Henry H