TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Wrangling TPE
Read 1329 times
September 16, 2013, 10:02:42 PM
I'm about to submit my latest product idea to Quirky: RATTLESTOP.  It's an elastic band that wraps around a door edge at the strike, and stretches over the door handles to stay in place.  It has small pads on either side that compress between the door and the jamb to stop the door from banging and rattling. And it probably should be clear, to be as unobtrusive as possible.

Here's what I've got.  I made the band in two halves (later joined), by lofting. I couldn't find any way to twist and scale a profile along a 3D spline, so I manually scaled, placed, and rotated lofting sections along the spline to form the part that goes around the knob.  After a lot of futzing, it came out OK, and the TPE material is decent. A physically-based, collision detection, math-based solution would sure be nice...!  This is REV5.  It gets the point across.  Vote for them making this, starting Tuesday on Quirky.  Will post a link.

Steve

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000

September 17, 2013, 07:10:22 AM
Neat Idea Steve.  :)

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

September 17, 2013, 02:49:46 PM
Great idea Steve, I need a couple right now!
Let us know where to vote.

Gaz

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab