TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Editing Layers, View, Workplanes, Etc. Names
Read 1339 times
July 23, 2013, 04:17:40 PM
Anyone have a secret or a workaround for editing/re-Naming Layers, Views, Workplanes, Etc., such that the response is quicker?

The problem I am having is when I left-click or right-click or any combination, it takes forever before the field gets into an editable mode.  I click like crazy... wait patiently... right-click... left-click a couple of times.... it always takes seemingly forever for TC to respond and the field-box to change such that the name is editable.

Thanks for any help, Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

July 23, 2013, 04:46:46 PM
Select the field and press F2 to rename.

July 23, 2013, 05:14:50 PM
Select the field and press F2 to rename.

That does it.  Much better!  I first had to figure out how to get my Function keys to work on my new MS 5000 keyboard (there's a little Function Lock key to the right of the Function Keys; I'm trying to figure out the key-combination to activate the Function-keys "on the fly", without having to Lock the F-keys).

Thanks Don for the quick reply; that was very frustrating waiting for the Name-Fields to respond to my clicks.

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)