TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Wrong extrusion
Read 2048 times
October 16, 2009, 01:02:47 AM
Hallo,

I extruded the profil, but it was extruded flipped. What can I do that round side is on the outside of the roof.

Rudl

[attachment deleted by admin]

* October 16, 2009, 02:24:11 AM
Rail sweep seems to have caused the problem. By starting again with your 2d profiles and using 'Sweep' with Compound profile enabled has put the round part of the profile on the outside of the roof.

Don

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 02:37:35 AM by Don Wensrich »

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* October 16, 2009, 02:52:46 AM
I used the regular Sweep with No Snap and it came out OK. I'm not sure why yours is reversed like that.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

October 16, 2009, 04:31:09 AM
Yes, I´ve made it with rail sweep. When I use the sweep I think I must the profil first turn in a plane which is perpenticular to the startpoint of the spline.

When I use the rail sweep, it is automatically perpenticular but is unfortunately reversed. I tried to turne it with the mirror function, but the result was the same, perhabs there is another method.

Rudl

* October 16, 2009, 09:18:30 AM
When I use the sweep I think I must the profil first turn in a plane which is perpenticular to the startpoint of the spline.

That is correct. You can then control the orientation of the extrusion's cross section by rotating the profile.

Henry H