TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Hatch always Black
Read 2507 times
May 26, 2013, 07:19:06 AM
How do I change the "Hatch" color to something besides black? I go into the color palette and make everything white, but every time I do a hatch, it comes out black. How do I change this?

* May 26, 2013, 07:29:00 AM
Have you looked inside the hatch properties, pen and brush color ??

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* May 27, 2013, 12:51:01 AM
In the Properties dialog for the selected object that is set to a White color, go to the Pen and Brush pages and change the "Convert color…" options from "By Drawing" to "No". Your hatched object should show as White when on a White background.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

May 28, 2013, 07:48:18 AM
I have done this before and it does work; but it seems like I have to do that with every object or group of objects that I am trying to hatch, i.e. I go to do a hatch but it's black. So I go to properties and make it white. But the next time I try to do a hatch it's black again. Isn't there any way to change the color permenantly?

May 28, 2013, 10:09:12 AM
I have done this before and it does work; but it seems like I have to do that with every object or group of objects that I am trying to hatch, i.e. I go to do a hatch but it's black. So I go to properties and make it white. But the next time I try to do a hatch it's black again. Isn't there any way to change the color permenantly?

Before using your Hatch tool (such as Pick Point Hatch or Path Hatching), right-click on a Hatch Tool Icon (such as Path Hatching), which opens the Properties Window.  Make your changes there.  You might want to assign a Property Value Preset, so that "Brush=White" is always the option when using that particular Hatch Tool Property Value Preset.

This pre-set setting will affect all your Hatch Tools, including Path Hatching, Pick Point Hatch, and Format|Create Hatch.

It's the same pre-defining Properties method used for almost all of TurboCAD's Tools.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:45:41 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* May 28, 2013, 05:43:12 PM
Brettt777
There no work around to change the default from black to another color the default is black. I check back in older versions it is what it is.Sorry for the disappointment

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

May 29, 2013, 06:48:02 AM
Yeah I kind of figured that. I tried all of the above suggestions and nothing worked. Every hatch is still black. Okay, np. I'll work around it.

* May 29, 2013, 12:12:15 PM
How do I change the "Hatch" color to something besides black? I go into the color palette and make everything white, but every time I do a hatch, it comes out black. How do I change this?

You can assign the Pen color to "By layer" and the Brush color to "By pen," then work on a Layer whose Color is whatever you like. (Assign a Layer Color in the Design Director.) Not sure if you'll think this is worth the effort ;-)

Henry H