TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Reports?
Read 1469 times
April 17, 2013, 01:41:24 AM
Does anyone use the reports function in Turbocad? I was just looking at the tutorial and it looks to be quite usefuf. I can think of an application for it in architectural draughting to create a list of all windows, doors and lintels used. The question is, if I create a report say listing all lintels, and then I update one of the lintels, does the report automatically update in the drawing, or do I have to re-create the report?

Nick
(United Kingdom)
TurboCAD 20 Pro Platinum.
Windows 7 64 bit.

* April 17, 2013, 02:09:32 AM
I use them for window and door schedules. They work well.
You do have to recreate every time but it remembers the report set up. Its just up to you to remember to update the report.

It is worth your while to learn about the database connection palette too.The database connection palette makes editing custom properties or block attributes a whole lot easier.
 For example for window numbers I use a separate block with visible block attribute to annotate the window number. I link the window and the window name block through the database connect pallette. The great thing about this is it changes the block attribute and the window number. Its also easy to change a lot of window numbers (or other attributes) at the same time.
I use blocks for windows with predefined attributes (like lintels and glass type) If I want to change the window I use the replace with button in the block properties. I then go back to the database connect palette and sync data The linked data will be updated for the new block so I dont have to renumber the windows - unless I want to.   

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

April 17, 2013, 06:15:50 AM
That sounds ideal Nikki. I'll give it a try when I get a minute, thanks!

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* April 17, 2013, 01:04:35 PM
You might also check into the Schedule Fill Wizard and Schedule Styles....

https://turbocaddoc.atlassian.net/wiki/display/TC20UG/Schedule+Styles

April 17, 2013, 03:03:26 PM
Thanks Dave. I guess schedules only work with the 3D Architectural elements though ?

Nick
(United Kingdom)
Windows 7 64 bit.

* April 17, 2013, 08:21:56 PM
Dave schedules are a bit limited. You cant add the extra information that you need for a window schedule.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks