TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Print to PDF from Animation Lab 5.1
Read 2309 times
* March 11, 2013, 03:55:40 PM
I am wondering if it is possible with a script to print each frame to PDF with the frame number as a title for each image?.  So much more can be done with PDF in relation to vector elements in a drawing, and being able to automate it with animation lab would be a great benefit.

Any help or insight into this would be appreciated.

Thank You!.

March 12, 2013, 01:48:23 PM
It's not clear what you hope to accomplish even if this were possible. You'd have to use a 3rd party PDF writer, because TC is notoriously bad at saving to PDF. In order to print to a PDF TC has to render first, so I'm not sure the PDF is a true vector file. It seems the only advantages to a vector format in this case would be that the images could be enlarged without loss of quality and that the file size would be reduced. Rendering time would be increased since TC would have to render each frame and then print to PDF. I don't think TC can save a rendered view as an EPS file. The advantage to the AVI/BMP format is that there is no compression. The disadvantage to that format is that there is no compression. There isn't any image editing capability in PDF that wouldn't be available in TC or in PhotoShop for the rendered raster file (CS6 will open the AVI). There's certainly no video editing advantage to the PDFs. I'd bite the bullet and render in as high a resolution as possible, although this could take almost forever. I recommend rendering a limited number of frames at a time to avoid bogging things down and crashing. The finished file size could be ungodly.

mike
TC user since v3. MacMini 5.1. 2.3 GHz. 16 Gig RAM.
TC 19 Pro 64 bit. Windows 7.