TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Exploding Viewports
Read 2029 times
* February 28, 2013, 11:45:35 AM
I have ver. 19.2 Pro.  Today I got the email advertising TurboCAD 20 and decided to look at the differences between Pro and Pro Platinum.  I noticed that when I got to the line concerning the ability to explode viewports, both Pro and Pro Platinum were checked (the chart is for ver.19).  This is a surprise since I cannot explode a viewport with my install.  I was under the impression that only Pro Platinum had this feature.

Am I correct? Is the chart in error?  Please let me know what would be required if I can use it.  Previously I would draw a solid model, create a viewport and then explode it so I could use the resulting 2d view in AutoCAD.

Thanks for your help,
MCP

* February 28, 2013, 11:55:58 AM
Why are you creating a viewport and exploding it? You can get the 2D view in AutoCAD by using the Drafting Palette... and with v19... you don't need to explode it first (if you set up the DP correctly).

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* February 28, 2013, 12:01:38 PM
GregT,

I have been using the Drafting Palette with good success.  However there are those odd times when I need a different perspective view instead of the standard one.  If that can be set in the Drafting Palette then great.  Otherwise I would need to be able to explode the view port to obtain the correct view.

Any suggestions?

MCP

* February 28, 2013, 12:16:50 PM
Setup a Workplane by View... then create a DP object using Workplane CS.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* February 28, 2013, 12:19:23 PM
Never mind... perspective view... duh.  :)

Might I suggest using a viewport?  ;D

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* February 28, 2013, 12:39:15 PM
Not sure about this, but I do not think you can explode a viewport when redsdk is on, turn redsdk off and give it a try.

* February 28, 2013, 12:47:02 PM
GregT,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I didn't know that was possible.  Worked in my test just fine.  I'll use that method now if I need a different view.

Michael Geraghty,

I am using TurboCAD in a Virtual Box VM so I can't use redsdk anyway so it is turned off.

Thanks for the suggestion,

MCP