TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Custom views
Read 1851 times
* October 06, 2009, 10:54:47 AM
I want to create different views with only certain layers enabled.   How do I do this? 

I want to disassemble this into custom views having each shelf as a separate view in isometric front, front, and side.

* October 06, 2009, 11:39:09 AM
I'd use Viewports in Paper Space. Layer visibility can be set independently for each Viewport.

Henry H

* October 06, 2009, 11:42:53 AM
Thanks.

How can I get the dimensions to show up properly on a side view?  The center support has 1/2" x 1/2"x 10" blocks on each side to help support it.   It is centered 5" in along the Z-plane 20"

I can't figure out how to rotate the workspace to be able to get the dimensions

* October 06, 2009, 12:51:09 PM
Thanks.

How can I get the dimensions to show up properly on a side view?  The center support has 1/2" x 1/2"x 10" blocks on each side to help support it.   It is centered 5" in along the Z-plane 20"

I can't figure out how to rotate the workspace to be able to get the dimensions

One way: Create a new "Workplane by 3 Points" by snapping to three vertices on the side of the object, then dimension the object in that WP.

Henry H

* October 06, 2009, 02:11:25 PM
Any other tricks worth knowing?   I need to print layered plans for the company that will build it.   I want to give them the saved file.