TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

2D/3D
Read 1851 times
* February 11, 2013, 04:31:27 PM
Does anyone know why: I'm drawing architectural floor plans in 2D, and the corners, where two walls meet, aren't cleaning up. So I select the walls in question and see that one wall has a Z coordinate of -1" and the other wall will be something like 324'-6 3/4". And changing the Z coordinate won't clean up the corner.
Thanks.

Steve Heslop

Deluxe17

* February 13, 2013, 09:44:49 AM
Yes, I do have the Auto Clean Up box checked, and I am only working on one layer. And, I'm only working in 2D, yet it chooses to occasionally, randomly, give some objets a third dimension. Once I see that two adjoining walls aren't cleaning up, I check them, see that one or two of them have some random Z coordinate, so I reset them to Z 0". Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work, I will delete the wall, or walls, in question and redraw them. And they still won't clean up. It seems once they don't clean up, they never will.

Thanks for the response, Bob.

Steve Heslop

Deluxe17

February 13, 2013, 03:39:33 PM
You may be only working in 2d but it is still possible to have your selector properties set to 3d. This could affect where objects end up in the Z direction. Layers should have nothing to do with this.

mike
TC user since v3. MacMini 5.1. 2.3 GHz. 16 Gig RAM.
TC 19 Pro 64 bit. Windows 7.