TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

groups /place on workplane
Read 1472 times
* January 29, 2013, 07:03:12 AM
I was moving stuff around in my workshop and my wife suggested I use your software to lay it out.
So i did it worked out great for adding and moving things around but I had encountered a problem.
I put text on the top of the cabinets workbenches etc. so I would know what was what in the top view and made them a group.
So when i moved them the text would move with them. But when i moved them in 3d they shifted up off the workplane so I did a place on work plane and they did not move to the workplane stayed where they were. I had to transform them to get them in position. Did i do something wrong that place on workplane did not work or do groups not work in "place on workplane"?

* January 29, 2013, 09:23:24 AM
Have you tried to place on work plane while it was in Edit Group Content (Ctrl-G) mode,The other option is the text on the assign layer when making changes usually on layer zero would be the choice

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 04, 2013, 06:58:47 AM
I tried ctrl G and it  didn't work well so I tried moving text to another layer in ctrl G  and one worked and one didn't. So I created a new one and put text on different layer before I created a group and for some reason that worked .I can only guess there is a sequence for creating groups and text. Why it worked I don't know. thanks WD for the help! Another question there is no ungroup menu choice  how would I ungroup to make changes use ctrl G?

* February 04, 2013, 09:52:36 AM
Another question there is no ungroup menu choice  how would I ungroup to make changes use ctrl G?
There  is no group button where it takes out of the group mode,only is Ctrl-Shift-G which finishes changes to the group.What I do take it out the group mode hit Ctrl-G again and save it than a dialog will prompt requesting to overwrite the file you have presently open.Some times it helps to provide a sample file with the issues your having.Also you can make alterations from Selection Palette if don't have that visible as option.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison