TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

groups /place on workplane
Read 1377 times
* January 29, 2013, 07:03:12 AM
I was moving stuff around in my workshop and my wife suggested I use your software to lay it out.
So i did it worked out great for adding and moving things around but I had encountered a problem.
I put text on the top of the cabinets workbenches etc. so I would know what was what in the top view and made them a group.
So when i moved them the text would move with them. But when i moved them in 3d they shifted up off the workplane so I did a place on work plane and they did not move to the workplane stayed where they were. I had to transform them to get them in position. Did i do something wrong that place on workplane did not work or do groups not work in "place on workplane"?

* January 29, 2013, 09:23:24 AM
Have you tried to place on work plane while it was in Edit Group Content (Ctrl-G) mode,The other option is the text on the assign layer when making changes usually on layer zero would be the choice

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 04, 2013, 06:58:47 AM
I tried ctrl G and it  didn't work well so I tried moving text to another layer in ctrl G  and one worked and one didn't. So I created a new one and put text on different layer before I created a group and for some reason that worked .I can only guess there is a sequence for creating groups and text. Why it worked I don't know. thanks WD for the help! Another question there is no ungroup menu choice  how would I ungroup to make changes use ctrl G?

* February 04, 2013, 09:52:36 AM
Another question there is no ungroup menu choice  how would I ungroup to make changes use ctrl G?
There  is no group button where it takes out of the group mode,only is Ctrl-Shift-G which finishes changes to the group.What I do take it out the group mode hit Ctrl-G again and save it than a dialog will prompt requesting to overwrite the file you have presently open.Some times it helps to provide a sample file with the issues your having.Also you can make alterations from Selection Palette if don't have that visible as option.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison