TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Cleaning Up Old Drawings
Read 1474 times
* February 19, 2012, 07:54:00 AM
After a year or so of work, I have finally 'evolved' a drawing paper space "standardized" to what I want my final document to look like, printer, paper, margins, etc.

I have many old drawings where the paper space differs. Is there a way to create a new paper space in my old drawings with the new defaults.

One way I have thought about using, and it works, is to set up a new template with the correct settings, start a new file with that template, copy over model space and the drawing from the original paper space and then save it with a new name.

I was looking for an easier way. Any suggestions?

Ed

2020 platinum

* February 19, 2012, 09:31:48 PM
re: Is there a way to create a new paper space in my old drawings with the new defaults.

Workspace / PaperSpace / Insert from Template might work in this case.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit

* February 19, 2012, 10:17:37 PM
What I did was to make a title block and border that fits paper space and then drew it in model space.  Whenever I want to make a blueprint drawing I Insert/File and choose the file with my borders and title block.  I also added other information needed while making the dimensions for a part.  It drops in at about PosX 5.500 and PosY 4.250 in a new file.  Then when I go to paper space it is already there.  If you can make it the way I do then you can insert it into your old drawings then add the viewports.

John B.

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
1 GB Hard Drive 16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series