TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Cleaning Up Old Drawings
Read 1338 times
* February 19, 2012, 07:54:00 AM
After a year or so of work, I have finally 'evolved' a drawing paper space "standardized" to what I want my final document to look like, printer, paper, margins, etc.

I have many old drawings where the paper space differs. Is there a way to create a new paper space in my old drawings with the new defaults.

One way I have thought about using, and it works, is to set up a new template with the correct settings, start a new file with that template, copy over model space and the drawing from the original paper space and then save it with a new name.

I was looking for an easier way. Any suggestions?

Ed

Rel 20 Pro Platinum

* February 19, 2012, 09:31:48 PM
re: Is there a way to create a new paper space in my old drawings with the new defaults.

Workspace / PaperSpace / Insert from Template might work in this case.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* February 19, 2012, 10:17:37 PM
What I did was to make a title block and border that fits paper space and then drew it in model space.  Whenever I want to make a blueprint drawing I Insert/File and choose the file with my borders and title block.  I also added other information needed while making the dimensions for a part.  It drops in at about PosX 5.500 and PosY 4.250 in a new file.  Then when I go to paper space it is already there.  If you can make it the way I do then you can insert it into your old drawings then add the viewports.

John B.

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
1 GB Hard Drive 16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series