TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Merry Christmas all!
Read 1129 times
December 20, 2012, 10:45:44 AM
Merry Christmas to all on this forum. Thanks to everyone for making my transition to Turbocad over the last year much easier.!

Nick
(United Kingdom)
TurboCAD 20 Pro Platinum.
Windows 7 64 bit.

December 20, 2012, 10:48:48 AM
Merry Christmas Nick... :)

And a Happy New Year!

Your transition was from Autocad yes?

If so, what can you do in TurboCAD that you couldn't in Autocad?

Am I right what many say that TC is better for rendering and working in 3D?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:51:54 AM by Darrel Carl Durose »

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

December 20, 2012, 11:02:58 AM
Yes Darrel I used Autocad for 22 years. I'm probably not the person to ask that question of as I'm still getting used to what Turbocad can do as I'm always limited to time to explore as I have to get on with 2D drawings which are my bread and butter work for Local Authority approvals. I have though, as you know by some of the work on my facebook page, started using the 3D facility. I have also recently used Turbocad's 3D facility to construct a complicated roof structures to try and see if I can get a Planning department to accept a proposal as I thought it would give a better idea of what's going on. I didn't use Autocad much for 3D and my main reason for the transition to Turbocad was price as Autocad is now, I think, very expensive. I must say though that Turbocad does seem to have some good architectural tools for 3D work and I hope to get to grips with these with the help of Don Cheke's tutorials which I have purchased. I should maybe also point out that I have had experience of using Solidworks for 3D for engineering design when wearing my other hat as a special purpose machine designer. I found Solidworks very good for parametric part production and assembly drawings!

Nick
(United Kingdom)
TurboCAD 20 Pro Platinum.
Windows 7 64 bit.

December 20, 2012, 11:19:40 AM
Well, I am glad you are sticking with it Nick... Certain software can be hard to learn when you are used to using something for so many years.

Yeah Solidworks, I know Don Cheke has got some tutorials on it and I have read that it's good for the engineering world.

I have downloaded that house image and I will generate a 3D house and a showreel for it for you, and others to see....of course with your company info/logo at the bottom...  :)

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.