TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Blast from the Past.
Read 1512 times
November 11, 2012, 06:51:08 PM
I've been digging myself out of a major hard drive crash and recovering what I can from the archives. As everyone says but often doesn't do BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!!!!
I didn't do enough.

This is a conceptual piece that I did quite some time ago. All of the illustrations were done in TC 3d. TC 3d was a modeling program paired with TC3 which was for drafting. In v4 3d and drafting were combined into one program. (I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong on TC history.) TC 3d had some very powerful tools which were not available in the combined programs for quite a few versions, such as extrudes with off-sets and size variations. I don't remember any materials or lighting, but I have some TC 3d drawings that appear to have shadows in them. The text of this piece pretty much explains how the models were created. The combined text and illustrations were done in MS Word. When AnimationLab came out I did an animated version of this piece. All of the tools from TC 3d still weren't available in TC but in AniLab I could create the objects and record the process. I've got those animations but they are imbedded in a larger flash document. When I'm able to get a stand alone video I'll post it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 06:54:47 PM by mike mahan »

mike
TC user since v3. MacMini 5.1. 2.3 GHz. 16 Gig RAM.
TC 19 Pro 64 bit. Windows 7.

November 11, 2012, 07:23:26 PM
Thanks...had a laugh...fun bit of time wasteing!

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

November 14, 2012, 11:29:24 AM
I had the TC 3D, still have the CD, I think. I never really became comfortable with it. You were right, that was a blast from the past.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

November 14, 2012, 04:47:56 PM
 :) You had some good fun with this Mike.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1