TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Proper Scale in Printing
Read 1821 times
* July 27, 2012, 08:14:24 PM
I'm using TC Pro 14.

BACKGROUND: I've finished my floor plan for a renovation project (drawn at full scale in model space).  I bought a large format all-in-one printer (Brother MFC-J6710DW) so I could fit the extents of my approx 30' x 40' drawing on one sheet.  I created a named view, went to paper space and inserted the viewport into paper space.  I set the scale at 1/4"= 1'-0," set the paper size to 11x17, landscape view, etc.   

PROBLEM: When I print the drawing, the scale is wrong.  What should be approximately 10" long on the paper (40' at 1/4" scale) is actually approximately 11 7/8" long instead.  I did NOT check "FIT" in the "page setup menu, so that isn't it. There is plenty of space around the drawing on the 11 x 17 sheet, so it did not automatically crop anything. 

I'm baffled!  Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?  I'd really appreciate any advice on this.  Thanks to all.

* July 28, 2012, 04:01:16 AM
I'm using TC Pro 14.

PROBLEM: When I print the drawing, the scale is wrong.  What should be approximately 10" long on the paper (40' at 1/4" scale) is actually approximately 11 7/8" long instead.  I did NOT check "FIT" in the "page setup menu, so that isn't it. There is plenty of space around the drawing on the 11 x 17 sheet, so it did not automatically crop anything.  

I'm baffled!  Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?  I'd really appreciate any advice on this.  Thanks to all.

In Page setup...the Model Space and Paper Space settings should  be set at 1:1 (Full size). Set the scale of 1/4" = 1' in Viewport Properties.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:13:04 AM by Don W, »

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.