TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

re:TC18 toolbar mod - how make a flyout, + other mods?
Read 2844 times
* January 04, 2012, 08:47:03 AM
I just upgraded from TC14 to TC18.  The toolbar setup is pretty different.  Haven't played around with Toolbar mods much (never), just took what was presented.    I've reviewed the Help and still feel 'stupid'.  Instead of asking a million Qs, I'll start with one.  The boolean/facet toolbar on my TC14 was a flyout.  On TC18, it shows all the options, which takes a lot of space.  How do I make it a flyout?  Thank you so much.  Roger

* January 04, 2012, 10:33:52 AM
If you haven't already I suggest you bring Tc18 up to date with Patches/Updates.But double check what build your at first may not have to.

http://www.turbocad.com/Support/TurboCADv18Updates/tabid/1903/Default.aspx

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* January 04, 2012, 10:36:44 AM
The first thing you may want to do is go to "Tools / Customize—›Options" page, select "1024x768pro_pre18" from the "Load From" list, then click on the "Load From" button. This will change the DoubleCAD workspace that TurboCAD now uses as a Default to the TurboCAD workspace that you are familiar with. The Customize the UI section in the Wiki might be a bit more helpful than the regular Help when it comes to customizing the New or Themes' UI.

If you want to make a flyout, go to the "Commands" page, then the "New Popup" Category. Drag-n-drop "New Popup Toolbar" unto an existing toolbar. Now go to the various categories (such as Edit / Others) and drag-n-drop the commands onto the flyout you placed. As you mouseover the flyout, an empty box will pop out to the right; that's where you drop the command. Unfortunately, you can't drag a complete toolbar onto an existing toolbar such as we can in the V11 or Standard UI, but the editing possibilities and other features far outweigh this one problem (IMHO).

The above may be at "Tools / Workspace / Customize". You can switch to the old V11 interface at "UI Themes".

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* January 04, 2012, 01:27:58 PM
I updated from 18 to 18.2.  Helpful information, but still very hard (for me).  I can now make flyout buttons.  Question.  There is a rendering toolbar; however I want to make a flyout rendering button in my standard menu.  However I cannot find rendering options in the Customize/Commands list.  Where is it?  If I activate the rendering toolbar & drag out of the it to the flyout menu I'm creating, it leaves the 'rendering toolbar' empty.  Tried copying, but that didn't work.  Thanks.  Roger

* January 04, 2012, 02:57:39 PM
re: …I cannot find rendering options in the Customize/Commands list…

Go to the "View / Camera" Category, then scroll to the bottom of the Commands list.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled

* January 06, 2012, 05:47:43 AM
Thanks. Roger

* January 06, 2012, 09:44:21 AM
Hate to be a pest.  Yesterday I added a rendering flyout to the standard toolbar.  Today I opened TC18 and it is not there; but there are some other changes I made that are there.  Any insight?  Am I supposed to 'save' the tool bar changes in some way before closing TC?  Thanks, Roger

* January 06, 2012, 10:38:47 AM
Am I supposed to 'save' the tool bar changes in some way before closing TC?  Thanks, Roger
You can save your setting in the Customize+ Workspace Dialog. I suggest highlight the existing selection and rename with your preference and choose Save In. If doesn’t load in the next session might have to choose your settings again.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* January 06, 2012, 02:36:52 PM
re: …Yesterday I added a rendering flyout to the Standard toolbar.  Today I opened TC18 and it is not there; but there are some other changes I made that are there.

I've run into this on a rare occasion, but usually some fatality had struck the program during that time.

Yes, you should save your changes. As WD pointed out, go to the "Tools / Customize—›Options" page, overwrite the current Workspace in the "Save In" list with a name of your choosing. Never save to any of the supplied workspaces. They're replaced any time you reinstall or update. Click on the "Save In" button after entering a unique name. If you start TC and something is amiss, choose your saved Workspace from the "Load From" list, then click on the "Load From" button. Once a Workspace is loaded, it should remain like that. Things that may also cause glitches is running two or more instances of the same TC version or shutting down TC in a minimized state. I sometimes may find TC is still listed in the Task Manager "Processes" section, even though it's nowhere to be seen.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled