TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

TC version 16.2 - Style Manager losing styles on file save
Read 2084 times
* July 25, 2009, 03:43:41 PM
In Style Manager my profile styles are being erased or corrupted on some file saves. Is there anyway to copy a profile style from one file to another? I am also losing Door and Window Styles occasionaly on saves also. I have older backup files with the correct styles so I would like to be able to copy the good styles back into the current file.

Windows Vista 64-bit DELL Quad-core 12 gig
Pro Version 16.2  Build 52.0

* July 25, 2009, 09:35:16 PM
re: Profile Styles gone bad

Which version; 15 or 16? The only time I've had problems was forgetting to "Finish" (Local Menu) after selecting the boundary or hole profiles, though TC will usually throw up a warning that the profile definition is no good and I have to go back to correct it.

What format are you saving to; TCW or DWG? If DWG, which of the 4 variations? I think AC2007/8 may be the only one that will understand Profile Styles, but I don't know for sure.

re: Is there any way to copy a profile style from one file to another?

"File / Extract From" is one possibility. After you choose a file to extract from, select "Style" from the list of choices. Unfortunately, that brings in "all" the styles.
Another possibility, I have a copy of my profiles in a Symbol library, then just drag one in when I need to create a Profile Style.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 09:38:39 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* July 25, 2009, 10:45:20 PM
I typed the version wrong - I am on version 16.1. I am saving to TCW files. The problem does not occur due to editing the profile - I have not had a need to change it since it was created. I have been getting several error message about "Out of Memory" after making several additions / changes to the file and then doing a quality render even though I am using Vista 64-bit with 12 Gig of memory. Switching back to wireframe seems to clear the Out of Memory message but saving the file after that may be when I lost the profiles.  In my case getting all of the old styles back is what I want so I will give your File / Extract From a try.  Thanks!

ps.  I see that you also have Vista 64 - is there anyway around - or to reduce the number of times I get the "Out of Memory" problem?

Windows Vista 64-bit DELL Quad-core 12 gig
Pro Version 16.2  Build 52.0

* July 26, 2009, 02:02:40 AM
DUH!! I can't see the forest for the trees, as to the version.  :D

re: old styles

Are these "old profiles" from version 12/14? If so, I believe you will have to go through each one in the Style Manager and reset what polyline is the Boundary. I looked at an old V12 drawing and the profiles need some TLC; "all" the polylines lit up when I selected the "Edit Hole profiles" tool. I deselected the profile that should be a Boundary, "Finished" with the hole tool, then used the Boundary tool and finished.

When I first opened this old file, the profile preview was all red lines. Now the preview shows the boundary in blue with the interior in red.

re: any way around "Out of Memory".

It really depends on what's in the file, but I don't believe Vista64 will be of much help at this time. TurboCAD is still a 32bit app, so (imho) it will never use more than 2Gb's of that memory, if that much. I know they want to move forward into 64bit, the question is when ($$).

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:08:49 AM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit