TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Drafting Palette
Read 202 times
March 26, 2020, 06:30:27 PM
I love, love, love the Drafting Palette.

The main purposeful thing I've used it for in the past-- and right now-- is for custom metal fabrication for wood-to-wood connectors.  Usually 1/4" or 3/16" metal.

I'm doing one now; I'll share with you all soon.  No fancy render to look at; but it's a real-world-required usage of a great feature.

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* March 26, 2020, 06:57:47 PM

The main purposeful thing I've used it for in the past-- and right now-- is for custom metal fabrication for wood-to-wood connectors.  Usually 1/4" or 3/16" metal.

I'm doing one now; I'll share with you all soon.  No fancy render to look at; but it's a real-world-required usage of a great feature.

The problem using the Drafting Palette is that you can't edit your work.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum
2020 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

March 26, 2020, 07:02:59 PM

The problem using the Drafting Palette is that you can't edit your work.

Just Group or Block the part (object) first.

Via the Part Tree and other methods, there's even still a lot more that we can edit of the Drafting Palette Object and it be updated in the DP insertions.

Alvin Gregorio
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* March 26, 2020, 08:27:15 PM
The problem with grouping or blocking the object first. Is you lose the ability to customise individual items. Because the block is treated as one object.
This means that you need to use the same hatch, for everything. When you draw by layer everything becomes one colour, The same applies to pen widths. If you are Ok with that then the block method works well.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

March 27, 2020, 04:33:43 AM
The problem with grouping or blocking the object first. Is you lose the ability to customise individual items. Because the block is treated as one object.
This means that you need to use the same hatch, for everything. When you draw by layer everything becomes one colour, The same applies to pen widths. If you are Ok with that then the block method works well.

Yes.  I know.  And that does suck.

It would be VERY USEFUL if that were not the case.

The Drafting Palette... they're almost there...  Someone needs to start altering some code!

Alvin Gregorio

March 29, 2020, 07:18:55 PM
In the attached .zip-folder is the TurboCAD file I said I'd share, in regards to the Drafting Palette usage for creating fabrication drawings of metal wood-to-wood connectors.

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio