TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

auto revision in paper space
Read 215 times
* February 14, 2020, 03:39:12 PM
Being a rookie at TC I am asking if when a change is made in model space can it be automaticly revised in paper space without redoing it in the drafting module? Or do you have to create new views with the drafting module. ie. sections and views....
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 03:41:07 PM by rtaylor »

Pro Platinum 2019
Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
NVIDIA Quadro P1000

February 14, 2020, 04:21:57 PM
I don't know of any way to do this.  There used to be a way to import data for Date and Time from Microsoft Word documents (I don't know if that is still supported), but have never seen any way to update the revision level.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

February 14, 2020, 06:21:04 PM
Being a rookie at TC I am asking if when a change is made in model space can it be automaticly revised in paper space without redoing it in the drafting module? Or do you have to create new views with the drafting module. ie. sections and views....

Only viewports will update to reflect model changes. Typically, drafting palette objects don't and required recreation. There is the odd occasion when this is not the case and that is when the parts are initially made with the part tree on. However, this is very limited, in my opinion, because most changes break the part tree info anyway and the drafting palette object is then broken. Some folks in the recent past talked about using block for drafting palette objects, but it sounded to me like a lot of hoops to go through. But maybe someone who does that method can give a better spin to it.

February 15, 2020, 09:20:05 AM
Some folks in the recent past talked about using block for drafting palette objects, but it sounded to me like a lot of hoops to go through. But maybe someone who does that method can give a better spin to it.

Blocks.  Or Groups.  Or XRefs (External References).

But plain ol' Viewports might serve your-- rtaylor-- needs satisfactorily as well.

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

February 15, 2020, 09:22:19 AM
Share with us your most-current TurboCAD Drawing file (.tcw) of the model which you are referring to here, rtaylor; and it'll help us better communicate to you your best path of creating Paperspace presentations of Modelspace parts/objects/assemblies/...

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* February 15, 2020, 08:56:15 PM
I prefer to use viewports because the drafting palette can slow big projects up.

When I have used the drafting palette .
I Xref the model  - or models into a new drawing and set up the drafting palette in that drawing.
When the model is changed reload the xref and the drafting object updates.
Unfortunately the model is seen as one object - so different hatches  and penwidths cannot be defined for different elements of the model. The file size will also be significantly larger.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* February 15, 2020, 10:25:58 PM
I prefer to use viewports because the drafting palette can slow big projects up.

When I have used the drafting palette .
I Xref the model  - or models into a new drawing and set up the drafting palette in that drawing.
When the model is changed reload the xref and the drafting object updates.
Unfortunately the model is seen as one object - so different hatches  and penwidths cannot be defined for different elements of the model. The file size will also be significantly larger.

Your post wasn't directed to me, but regardless, thanks for the great tip.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.