TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Turbocad 2016 Pro Platinum closing automatically when idle
Read 90 times
* October 12, 2019, 09:15:38 AM
HI everyone. This has been happening for a while and is frustrating. I don't believe it always did this on this computer. With the program open and a drawing open, whether a new blank or large project it doesn't matter, the program will close after about 5 minutes or so on it's own. Giving no chance to save it. Yesterday with the program open but no drawing open, it stayed up for a long time till I closed it. My little 11" laptop does not do this. The suspect computer is running windows 10 64bit and this is TCad 2016's most recent update. I deleted the built in folder already and that didn't do anything. I am thinking I am looking at an reinstall but am hoping to not have to do that. I also have TC 14, 18, and 2015 installed. Anyone have any ideas? 

TC 14 pro.  TC 18, 21,22 pro platinum. 3 s10's and an s4. Creality Ender 5.

October 12, 2019, 09:51:17 AM
I have not seen this issue, but does the issue go away if you turn off autosave in the program options? Just a thought....

October 12, 2019, 01:06:05 PM
While not exactly the same, this sounds very much like another of the Windows 10 complaints I have been seeing (from afar, thankfully).

Here's a related link: https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/shutdown-after-pc-has-been-idle.41/

This one refers to a specific Windows 10 update and points out that you can roll back to an earlier version: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/682188/computer-constantly-shutting-down-within-minutes-after-recent-w10-update/

In Windows 7, I call up Power Options, maybe it's abilities have been upgraded for Windows 10.

Good luck,

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* October 12, 2019, 03:47:57 PM
Thanks guys. Don, I turned off the auto save and the program has been on for many hours now without shutting down. So that seems to have perhaps bandaided the issue. I opened 2015 and that one worked just fine but did have a strange error message on startup. Jeff, I think the windows 10 update is the issue as these programs have been on the computer since I went from windows 8 to 10 or at least for as long as 10 came out. My little laptop that works flawlessly I have only had for a year so it hasn't gone through as many updates. I am wondering if the programs didn't get messed up somewhere along that time frame. I dislike the idea of uninstalling and reinstalling anything and with Don's suggestion things seem ok as of now. The program was crashing alot on me while I work on projects and I am wondering if it wasn't because it would try to autosave at the moment I was doing something else. So I will play it as it lays for a bit and also look into what you posted Jeff. Thanks guys.

TC 14 pro.  TC 18, 21,22 pro platinum. 3 s10's and an s4. Creality Ender 5.

October 12, 2019, 05:46:26 PM
Thanks guys. Don, I turned off the auto save and the program has been on for many hours now without shutting down. So that seems to have perhaps bandaided the issue. I opened 2015 and that one worked just fine but did have a strange error message on startup. Jeff, I think the windows 10 update is the issue as these programs have been on the computer since I went from windows 8 to 10 or at least for as long as 10 came out. My little laptop that works flawlessly I have only had for a year so it hasn't gone through as many updates. I am wondering if the programs didn't get messed up somewhere along that time frame. I dislike the idea of uninstalling and reinstalling anything and with Don's suggestion things seem ok as of now. The program was crashing alot on me while I work on projects and I am wondering if it wasn't because it would try to autosave at the moment I was doing something else. So I will play it as it lays for a bit and also look into what you posted Jeff. Thanks guys.

I am happy to hear that my thought was helpful. I turned off autosave years ago (and with each install/update since) because it would inevitably start to autosave during a render or render save and ruin the process. I think the autosave needed/needs some help to know when it would be okay to autosave. I wouldn't know what that looks programming wise, but it should be possible.