TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Dashed Line Pattern Not Working - Turbo Cad 2016 Designer
Read 145 times
* September 11, 2019, 08:58:55 AM
Dashed line not working when doing File > Print then choosing Adobe PDF.  See attached drawing....  please help!!  Any help would be appreciated!

I could not get file attached, here is a link to download:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2vwfaemj32xf1p5/AABstSVUpPNWx9-50YxkQFrNa?dl=0

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:09:40 AM by nyoung99 »

September 11, 2019, 09:01:29 AM
No file attached ... try again?

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

* September 11, 2019, 09:04:00 AM
Hi Tim - I am trying to attach the file but it won't let me, not sure why?  I tried attaching it to the original post and then tried adding it after but the web page keeps going blank when I do it...  is there another way to upload?

* September 11, 2019, 09:08:39 AM
Hi Tim - here is a link to download:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2vwfaemj32xf1p5/AABstSVUpPNWx9-50YxkQFrNa?dl=0

If you could look at it, I would appreciate it.  I have never had this issue before, I do drawings all the time.  This drawing did originate as a dwg file from auto cad but I can't find any settings that are setup different???  Let me know if you can get the file from the link.

September 11, 2019, 09:21:26 AM
Hi Tim - here is a link to download:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2vwfaemj32xf1p5/AABstSVUpPNWx9-50YxkQFrNa?dl=0

If you could look at it, I would appreciate it.  I have never had this issue before, I do drawings all the time.  This drawing did originate as a dwg file from auto cad but I can't find any settings that are setup different???  Let me know if you can get the file from the link.

Okay, got it.  I'll have a look.  It may have been rejected because of the size.  Just a guess.

Regards Tim

Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

September 11, 2019, 10:05:37 AM
Hi,

problem confirmed ...

I would suggest scaling your lines from 0.01, as you now have it, to 10.
See below.

Regards Tim

* September 11, 2019, 10:48:07 AM
Tim - I did not have luck with that??  Please look at the attached png file first and then the pdf of the drawing.  The PNG is a screen shot of the lines in turbo cad set at dash scale .01....  then in the pdf you can see the same lines set at 10 and .01.  Neither works....  Is it possible there is a setting somewhere that is wrong.  I have 100 drawings using this same size and dash scale .01 and I have never had this problem.  I am perplexed. (IN THE PDF LOOK ON THE RIGHT SIDE WHERE I PUT "LOOK HERE")

Thanks for your help....

* September 11, 2019, 10:55:40 AM
Tim - I did not have luck with that??  Please look at the attached png file first and then the pdf of the drawing.  The PNG is a screen shot of the lines in turbo cad set at dash scale .01....  then in the pdf you can see the same lines set at 10 and .01.  Neither works....  Is it possible there is a setting somewhere that is wrong.  I have 100 drawings using this same size and dash scale .01 and I have never had this problem.  I am perplexed. (IN THE PDF LOOK ON THE RIGHT SIDE WHERE I PUT "LOOK HERE")

Thanks for your help....

Is your Pen/Width/Scaling set to as it is in your other/previous, successful, Drawings.
That is, the "World", "Device", and "Device Width" options.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* September 11, 2019, 11:03:07 AM
One of the things I do:

In Modelspace, I set my Printing Scale (which can be accessed via File/Page_Setup, or via the Options/Space_Units/Scale [at the top] setting) to my eventual Paperspace printed scale.  For me, in Architectural drawings, that is typically 1/4" = 1'-0"  (I can change it during a drawing session, back and forth, no harm done...)

Then, if I'm curious how a Pen width or pattern (Dash, in this case) is going to look when eventually printed, I'll Zoom/Printed_Size.  I keep a copy of that command in my Standard Toolbar in my custom desktop configuration, as I use it so often.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* September 11, 2019, 11:08:01 AM

Thanks for your help....

Is your Pen/Width/Scaling set to as it is in your other/previous, successful, Drawings.

Alvin - everything is set the same..... very strange.  This drawing is useless to me unless I can figure this out.  Very strange.

September 11, 2019, 11:41:42 AM

Thanks for your help....

Hi,

you can see a clear difference between the two.
Perhaps, do a comparison between this drawing and others that work, to see where the discrepancies lie?
Do you have a standard drawing template from which you work?

Without going through the whole drawing, it is clear, that some things could be improved, IMHO. 
I would first suggest, that it is good practice to work in Model Space at full size. 
You can then scale your drawings appropriately in paper space before printing. 
However, like you, I mostly use Model Space to print from. 
I'm just lazy!

Secondly, see below, at least one of your dashed lines, is in fact, made up of lines and polylines.

Regards Tim

* September 11, 2019, 11:58:39 AM
Thanks Tim - I appreciate the input!  Thanks for taking a minute to take a look.

* September 11, 2019, 09:01:38 PM

Alvin - everything is set the same..... very strange.  This drawing is useless to me unless I can figure this out.  Very strange.

Did you get this issue resolved?

If not:
>What is your setting for Pen/Width/Scaling?-- "World", "Device", or "Device Width"?
>And, if "World", do you have the "Geometry" option checked in that Properties/Pen page?       

Alvin Gregorio