TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Dreaming of KeyShot for TurboCAD
Read 11287 times
November 01, 2019, 03:21:15 PM
Last image for this thread. This building is a take on the pillared room that Darryl W. had posted some time ago. I rebuilt from scratch for this one. Apparently KeyShot has issues with white, so when a bright sky or other white environment highlight reflects off an edge one is likely to get jaggies because the program can't deal with the pixels as it typically does with non-white objects. It is really quite annoying and one would think for the cost of KeyShot that would have been addressed long ago. I had to brush out the jaggies in PhotoShop. Don't know if our RedSDK folks noticed anything similar with their renders. I know I have never seen it with a high-res LightWorks render.

The original render of this I did took 4 hours (3730 x 2100 @ 300dpi & 150 samples). I got this one down to 2 hours by going with 3750 x 2100 @ 96dpi & 100 samples. Both way too long for my tastes, but would be okay if needs required such a beast. Now I am going to bring that model back into TC and see what I can do with LightWorks.

November 06, 2019, 08:19:35 AM
Hi Don...
The jaggies you mention in Keyshot…. have you got any geometry between the beam/edges and the background?
Red does/did sometimes have an issue when no geometry is there.... Just adding an "Air" material with a IOR of 1.0 or just over and zero reflection between the model and the background often works. I think it's something to do with how anti-aliasing works by scaling the image.... it cannot scale the background it seems to me.

I rarely do renders these days without geometry surrounding what I am designing and use Softbox lighting as per this design of a monitor mount as an example in RedSDK where the light rays can bounce around inside a matt white box:

Thanks Darrel, I will give that a try.

November 25, 2019, 05:41:58 PM
Today I downloaded the full Pro version of KeyShot so that I could import models without going through Alibre. As such, I exported my centrifugal pump from TurboCAD in STEP format. It opened without issue in KeyShot (although it loses it layer names and I had to figure out a couple of things that were not apparent from my previous use - having to do with linked materials). The Pro version has so many extra functions, the difference is amazing. There is so much more to learn, but my experience today shows that any extra effort put into it will always be worth it. Note that the attached image is two separate renders I made and combined in PhotoShop. I could have done both at the same time in KeyShot if I had thought of it before, as a users can make duplicates in KeyShot and arrange as desired.

One shortcoming that I noted while trying to get models from TurboCAD into KeyShot has to do with Architectural items created in TC, which are typically surface objects. Of course, TC surfaces don't export via STEP, so that is not so good. I did try an OBJ export but that took a long time and it still missed a few parts in the transfer. If IMSI were to team up with KeyShot and get a plug-in developed this would need to be taken into consideration.

I am completely sold on KeyShot as a rendering option and I will be purchasing the Pro version next week when their big sale takes place (20% off upgrades and new purchases).

As time moves on, it is my hope to talk to someone at Luxion to find out how one gets a plug-in developed and then perhaps I can pass that info along to IMSI for consideration. Can't hurt to try.

November 25, 2019, 06:29:21 PM
Excellent results, from the sheen on the parts to the very subtle shadows.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

November 25, 2019, 06:33:57 PM
Yeah, Beautiful, as always, Don.

Crazy question/challenge:  Can you make it a little dirty... used.

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

November 25, 2019, 06:53:24 PM
Yeah, Beautiful, as always, Don.

Thanks Alvin. Yes, that can be done and I will be experimenting at some point. Probably not this model but something else a little less complex to start with.

* December 04, 2019, 02:10:07 PM
Although I have done this model in TurboCAD and rendered with LightWorks with decent results the one here was modeled in Alibre and rendered in KeyShot. KeyShot is so easy to work with and gives exceptional results without much effort and certainly less time than LighgtWorks. It would sure be nice to have a KeyShot add-on for TurboCAD so one could link the KeyShot file with the model, as one can do with Alibre. I hope that the new owners of TurboCAD will consider it.

Don,

"new owners"?  Did IMSIDesign get sold?

Thanks,

JoeM

December 04, 2019, 02:19:10 PM
Although I have done this model in TurboCAD and rendered with LightWorks with decent results the one here was modeled in Alibre and rendered in KeyShot. KeyShot is so easy to work with and gives exceptional results without much effort and certainly less time than LighgtWorks. It would sure be nice to have a KeyShot add-on for TurboCAD so one could link the KeyShot file with the model, as one can do with Alibre. I hope that the new owners of TurboCAD will consider it.

Don,

"new owners"?  Did IMSIDesign get sold?

Thanks,

JoeM

HI Joe,

Yes, a while ago a group out of India purchased it, although they still have an office in California and Bob Mayer is still the CEO, as far as I know.

Looks like it was 2018 when the new group (led by Zunair Attif) from Lahore, Pakistan took over.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 02:26:25 PM by Don Cheke »

December 07, 2019, 01:24:02 PM
I did some more experimenting today trying to get architectural components exported from TurboCAD to KeyShot. I have found that the 3dm filter is perfect and I am ecstatic about it. I almost didn't try it because I had tried to open a MoI file in KeyShot which also uses 3dm file format. It came into KeyShot as one object as opposed to separate parts. BUT the export from TurboCAD could not have been any better. Layer names are retained and although materials aren't, each common material got assigned a color which makes material application extra easy since they are linked. The first attached image is as it came into KeyShot. I just set up the camera view and rendered.

The second image shows the layers retained. Walls hidden to see inside.

The third image is one I did early today. It was a .dae import and although it came in, it did not retain layers or names and all objects were pure black. I took quite a while to sort and set up. The door knobs (cylindrical objects) came in segmented, like eight sided TC surface objects. Couldn't really fix them that well in KeyShot.

I be experimenting more with 3dm import, but so far that seems to be perfect one for this.

December 07, 2019, 02:49:34 PM
BUT the export from TurboCAD could not have been any better. Layer names are retained and although materials aren't, each common material got assigned a color which makes material application extra easy since they are linked.

By 'linked', did you mean that applying a material to any object/facet with one color applied the same material to all objects/facets with the same color, or that it was easy to identify each change to make for a desired material?  Can you select by color, including facets, and apply a material?

More and more, I am wanting KeyShot as a plug-in for TurboCAD.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

December 07, 2019, 03:44:49 PM
BUT the export from TurboCAD could not have been any better. Layer names are retained and although materials aren't, each common material got assigned a color which makes material application extra easy since they are linked.

By 'linked', did you mean that applying a material to any object/facet with one color applied the same material to all objects/facets with the same color, or that it was easy to identify each change to make for a desired material?  Can you select by color, including facets, and apply a material?
More and more, I am wanting KeyShot as a plug-in for TurboCAD.
Jeff

By linked I mean that you can have a set of objects that have linked materials and when you change the material of one it will change the other linked ones. But you can also unlink as needed and tweak all instances however you like. Material editing is really all inclusive, there are just so many things you can do with it. Here are a couple shots of some functions. The last image shows something called material graph (pro only) and you can make very complex materials by plugging into each other. Haven't learned much about this yet, but it will be worth learning.

December 18, 2019, 05:37:56 PM
I created this retro vending machine over the last couple days. I render in both TurboCAD (LightWorks) and KeyShot. I have found now that the 3dm format is the best format to get models from TurboCAD into KeyShot. There is an option for 3dm to export solids as surfaces and this is required during the process. That being said, both architectural and mechanical (etc.) drawings can be brought over with layer names and materials. Just need to spend some time tweaking the image wraps, but it is quite easy to make the changes. All common materials are linked when they are imported, which is quite nice, although the links can be broken if need be. Of course, one is likely to tweak all materials once working in KeyShot, but many can be left as is. The render in TC took a couple minutes, at most, to render and only 6 1/2 minutes to render in KeyShot. I hope you like the results.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 06:57:05 PM by Don Cheke »

December 18, 2019, 08:18:42 PM
Very nice designs Don, Id love to see a keyshot plugin for Turbocad as that would in my opinion be a major benefit in Turbocads arsenal of tools. Heck Id even settle for Lightworks Iray like Dean mentioned in an earlier reply as the current rendering engine is old and outdated by comparison with cad applications these days

Daz
TCW V21, 2015-2020 PP, Animation Lab V5.2 & Redsdk enabled, LightWorks rendering mostly.

December 27, 2019, 01:11:43 PM

This is for you Alvin....

Recently I have seen numerous renderings of gas cans that I assume were part of the render weekly challenge. Looked like something interesting to model and render so I modeled this one up in TurboCAD and rendered in KeyShot. UV wrapping in TurboCAD was very helpful to get set up for wrapping easily in KeyShot. I decided to do two version, one "new" and one the has seen better days. Both renders were challenging in their own ways. Hope you like them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:55:52 PM by Don Cheke »

December 27, 2019, 01:29:42 PM

This is for you Alvin...

Looks really good Don.  I see you are enjoying your early Christmas present to yourself.  KeyShot.

Hope you and your family had and are having a Merry Christmas season.

(you know we all missed your annual Christmas art post  :) ;) )

Alvin Gregorio
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

December 27, 2019, 03:02:01 PM

This is for you Alvin...

Looks really good Don.  I see you are enjoying your early Christmas present to yourself.  KeyShot.

Hope you and your family had and are having a Merry Christmas season.

(you know we all missed your annual Christmas art post  :) ;) )

Thanks Alvin. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.

Sorry about the missed Christmas art this year. I didn't have an idea this time around for one.

December 31, 2019, 06:22:43 AM
Here are a couple more from my vintage explorations.

Continuing my trip down memory lane with this vintage table top jukebox. Modeled in TurboCAD and rendered in KeyShot. Nothing like listening to cranked up music with headphones while modeling all day long without a care in the work. Can't say I am minding retirement at all.

Retro coke vending machine I modeled in TurboCAD. I experimented with textures quite a bit with this one, but perhaps not so apparent due to the overall size of the assembly. I do like how I was able to figure out how to get the Drink Coca-Cola In Bottles label to look slightly raised on the top front face of the vending machine.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 12:29:33 PM by Don Cheke »

December 31, 2019, 08:50:41 AM

Very Good Looking modeling and render work Don.

I'm glad you are enjoying your retirement "decision".  (of course, most of us are wondering what "cranked up music" you are listening to on those headphones-- Guns & Roses?, Adele? Eagles?, Sade?, U2?, Metallica?, The Carpenters?, ...  :D)
Happy New Year!

Alvin Gregorio

* December 31, 2019, 09:01:47 AM

Continuing my trip down memory lane with this vintage table top jukebox. Modeled in TurboCAD and rendered in KeyShot. Nothing like listening to cranked up music with headphones while modeling all day long without a care in the work. Can't say I am minding retirement at all.

Retro coke vending machine I modeled in TurboCAD. I experimented with textures quite a bit with this one, but perhaps not so apparent due to the overall size of the assembly. I do like how I was able to figure out how to get the Drink Coca-Cola In Bottles label to look slightly raised on the top front face of the vending machine.

It's man's natural state, Don ;-) When people would ask me how long it took to get used to retirement I'd tell them, "about twenty minutes."

Henry H

December 31, 2019, 11:31:32 AM

Very Good Looking modeling and render work Don.

I'm glad you are enjoying your retirement "decision".  (of course, most of us are wondering what "cranked up music" you are listening to on those headphones-- Guns & Roses?, Adele? Eagles?, Sade?, U2?, Metallica?, The Carpenters?, ...  :D)
Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you as well.

My music tastes are pretty eclectic. About the only music I don't like is rap, heavy metal, modern country and gospel. I guess I am not too keen on modern pop either, but I know I have heard the odd song that still makes me want to dance.

I absolutely love Shpongle (which most folks here would have never heard of). I don't seem to ever tire of them. I also love many of the classics like Van Morrison, Mark Knopfler, ELO, Alan Parsons and Supertramp. I also listen to classical (as long as there are no psycho harpsichords playing) and I like rhythmic jazz (not too keen on the type where everyone in the band is doing their own thing). I am more into jazz bands like Club de Belugas. There are just so many artists that I like, it would be impossible to list them all.

I have attached the menus from the jukebox. :-)

What kind of music do you swing to?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 12:34:53 PM by Don Cheke »

December 31, 2019, 11:34:04 AM
It's man's natural state, Don ;-) When people would ask me how long it took to get used to retirement I'd tell them, "about twenty minutes."

Henry H

Isn't that the truth. :-)

December 31, 2019, 11:59:22 AM

My music tastes are pretty eclectic. About the only music I don't like is rap, heavy metal, modern country and gospel. I guess I am not too keen on modern pop either, but I know I have heard the odd song that still makes me want to dance.

I find that my music tastes run the gamut as well.

Pretty much all I listed previously, I like.  G&R, U2, Metallica, Adele, etc.  I appreciate good Classical, but not so much in the minor keys.  The Les' Miserables album?-- Love it.
I've been listening to A LOT of "Contemporary Jazz Radio" station on Pandora the past couple of years.  It's just a really good modern jazz station-- I think even for people that think they don't like Jazz.  Perfect wine-sipping-on-the-patio type music.  And making breakfast music, for me.

Oddly, and perhaps tellingly, I find that Metal or Hard Rock bands are soothing to my brain.  It's a weird thing.  Bands like AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi, Guns & Roses, Metallica... a lot of their songs' rhythm and beat seem to fit in congruence with that of my brains'.  Sometimes that stuff-- really loud-- relaxes me.  Go figure.

I was on a big Bruce (Springsteen) kick for a while in the '80s.  His story-telling, mostly.  I can sing verbatim quite a few of his songs.  And sometimes do.  Alone, while going for a walk.

U2 was HUGE to me.  After seeing their documentary movie Rattle & Hum.

I enjoy modern Country, but not so much the current modern.  The George Strait, Randy Travis, Garth Brooks era.

I also really enjoy the Chairman of the Board, and some other of that crooner type stuff.

Yep... I like music.  But like you said Don, not so much the Rap, and the new R&B, and new Pop, and that stuff.

I think I'll turn on The Doors!

Nice to chat with you...

Alvin Gregorio

December 31, 2019, 12:10:26 PM
Retro coke vending machine I modeled in TurboCAD.

Very nicely done, and the reflection of the car in the side panel really 'authenticates' the image.

Did you use an image or model of the car?

Jeff

December 31, 2019, 12:13:27 PM

I find that my music tastes run the gamut as well.

Pretty much all I listed previously, I like.  G&R, U2, Metallica, Adele, etc.  I appreciate good Classical, but not so much in the minor keys.  The Les' Miserables album?-- Love it.
I've been listening to A LOT of "Contemporary Jazz Radio" station on Pandora the past couple of years.  It's just a really good modern jazz station-- I think even for people that think they don't like Jazz.  Perfect wine-sipping-on-the-patio type music.  And making breakfast music, for me.

Oddly, and perhaps tellingly, I find that Metal or Hard Rock bands are soothing to my brain.  It's a weird thing.  Bands like AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi, Guns & Roses, Metallica... a lot of their songs' rhythm and beat seem to fit in congruence with that of my brains'.  Sometimes that stuff-- really loud-- relaxes me.  Go figure.

I was on a big Bruce (Springsteen) kick for a while in the '80s.  His story-telling, mostly.  I can sing verbatim quite a few of his songs.  And sometimes do.  Alone, while going for a walk.

U2 was HUGE to me.  After seeing their documentary movie Rattle & Hum.

I enjoy modern Country, but not so much the current modern.  The George Strait, Randy Travis, Garth Brooks era.

I also really enjoy the Chairman of the Board, and some other of that crooner type stuff.

Yep... I like music.  But like you said Don, not so much the Rap, and the new R&B, and new Pop, and that stuff.

I think I'll turn on The Doors!

Nice to chat with you...

Thanks for sharing. Always nice to chat with you as well.

December 31, 2019, 12:19:13 PM
Retro coke vending machine I modeled in TurboCAD.

Very nicely done, and the reflection of the car in the side panel really 'authenticates' the image.

Did you use an image or model of the car?

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

The car reflection is part of the environment HDR. The environment is a free one from HDRI Haven called autoshop_01_8k.hdr

https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?c=indoor&h=autoshop_01

January 02, 2020, 06:36:03 AM
Another nice thing about KeyShot 9 is the addition of fabric and fuzz materials, so one can really bring one's work up to another level. Even "real" grass. I want so bad for our fellow TurboCAD users to have this as an option. I feel like my hands have been untied from the constraints I had been feeling with LightWorks. I just can't seem to get past the stage I am at with it, and as I have said a million times, I can not bring myself to spend any more time with Red. I did hear that Luxion has TurboCAD on their radar as far as Plug-ins go, but who knows what that means in terms of time-frame.

EDIT: I just noticed that all these have green as their color. No, it is not limited to green. :-)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 06:39:02 AM by Don Cheke »

January 02, 2020, 09:19:16 AM
Yep, the fuzzy and the grass look pretty cool.  Pretty realistic.
KeyShot must have a "Sun-burnt Grass Edges degree" setting.  The edges really add to the realism.  Just need some dew drops from the morning sprinklers having come on an hour ago.

Alvin Gregorio

January 02, 2020, 10:31:24 AM
Yep, the fuzzy and the grass look pretty cool.  Pretty realistic.
KeyShot must have a "Sun-burnt Grass Edges degree" setting.  The edges really add to the realism.  Just need some dew drops from the morning sprinklers having come on an hour ago.

I agree. You should see all the parameters you can set too, from density to varying lengths, etc..

* January 02, 2020, 01:25:01 PM
Yup, TCad really needs that capability. I was able to create a reasonable-looking tennis ball with Lightworks, but further "fuzziness" seems to be beyond its powers.

Henry H

January 02, 2020, 02:07:27 PM
Yup, TCad really needs that capability. I was able to create a reasonable-looking tennis ball with Lightworks, but further "fuzziness" seems to be beyond its powers.

Henry H

Great try though, Henry.

January 02, 2020, 08:14:42 PM
Thought I would give a go with RedSDK LOL.
Used displacement mapping and also DOF to blur out the Tennis Racket with the Post Processing tools in Red...

....Not as good as Keyshot fluffywise but then again RedSDK can have shaders built by the programmers I think for fluffy materials etc...

Good job on this Darrel

April 13, 2020, 07:22:56 AM
I am still having fun with TurboCAD and KeyShot. Attached is the latest. I have rendered 54 models/scenes since the last time I posted in this thread. If you are curious feel free to check out my KeyShot Gallery page. http://www.textualcreations.ca/Flash_Gallery_KeyShot/KeyShot_Gallery.html

Tea Cabinet modeled in TurboCAD, rendered in KeyShot. I hope you like the renders. I am working on the LightWorks renders today, so will try and post them later.

April 13, 2020, 08:44:44 AM

Always has been, my favourite tea.

Nice detailing of the wood grain.

Cheers!

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017-2020 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018-2020 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.
Windows 10 Pro (1909) 64-bit

April 13, 2020, 02:16:11 PM
The camera perspective seems a bit... off, but the material rendering is pretty near perfect.

Jeff

April 13, 2020, 02:45:35 PM
Here is the LightWorks version. I left out the individual tea bowl and tea pot. I just couldn't get them to cast soft shadows no matter what I used for a ground plane.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:34:54 PM by Don Cheke »

April 13, 2020, 06:58:14 PM
Love your renders Don especially the lightworks one as thats all I can afford. Pity about the teapot not casting soft shadows, Id still like to see it rendered in any case?

Did you use uv wrapping on the those twinnings tins? If not then whats the method of wrapping used here?

Daz
TCW V21, 2015-2020 PP, Animation Lab V5.2 & Redsdk enabled, LightWorks rendering mostly.

April 13, 2020, 07:27:06 PM
Love your renders Don especially the lightworks one as thats all I can afford. Pity about the teapot not casting soft shadows, Id still like to see it rendered in any case?

Did you use uv wrapping on the those twinnings tins? If not then whats the method of wrapping used here?

Thanks Darryl,

Perhaps I will do the teapot on its own with LightWorks. I rendered one tin on its own in KeyShot and the teapot (on its own) is currently rendering in KS, so only fair to try with LW too. I am finding that using KeyShot is actually helping me with LightWorks because once I figure it out in KS I can take some of what I learned and apply it to LW.

As for the tin, yes, I used UV wrapping in TC/LW. When I exported out to KS in 3dm format, that UV wrapping data went over to KS, so that made it easy there to match. Attached is the KS version.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:30:23 PM by Don Cheke »

April 14, 2020, 07:19:30 AM
Here is a different look for the teapot done in KeyShot. This is a reduced size. The original render was at 2100 x 3750, 300dpi and 250 samples for passes. It took just over 7 hours to render, which is way more time than I like to spend rendering, but that carpet added greatly. It is not stellar in my opinion, but it will have to do. Hopefully, you like it well enough.

PS, the rug is a bit blurred as the image itself is of a 'faded Persian rug'.

April 14, 2020, 01:57:37 PM
Here is the LightWorks version of the tea service scene. I tried so many things to make this work, that I am kind of sick of it now, so I am calling it done. I hope you like it.

April 14, 2020, 04:26:13 PM
Don I like it and well done, seems to me that you created rather soft shadows from the objects which is kinda cool, also looks like you may have used a hdri withing the render as I see blueish tones on the teapot and clearer highlites on the cups/bowls.

Im hoping to make a post in the Tips and Tricks section about creating soft shadows from within lightworks but I need the bugs ironed out 1st based on my bug report for the beta version.

Daz

April 15, 2020, 03:57:02 AM
Very nice render Don and nothing to be too concerned about.

The only thing that would concern me, and this is an observation of many renders.
The 2 cups and kettle appear to me, in my advanced years, as though they are floating off the wooden surface.
Perhaps this is related to the shadows?
Perhaps it's my eyesight?   ???

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017-2020 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018-2020 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.
Windows 10 Pro (1909) 64-bit

May 10, 2020, 10:28:24 AM
With so many views to this thread I though others might still be interested in this a bit. I have been working a bit more at architectural rendering to see if I can get any better at it. I think I am progressing, but still no where near as good as I'd like to be. I hope you like them. If you don't like them, I'd rather not know.

All are modeled in TC and rendered in KS. All use HDR for lighting from the outside and area lights at the fixtures.

I continue to love working with TurboCAD. One sure can't beat it for versatility and price.

* May 10, 2020, 10:49:43 AM
With so many views to this thread I though others might still be interested in this a bit. I have been working a bit more at architectural rendering to see if I can get any better at it. I think I am progressing, but still no where near as good as I'd like to be. I hope you like them. If you don't like them, I'd rather not know.

All are modeled in TC and rendered in KS. All use HDR for lighting from the outside and area lights at the fixtures.

I continue to love working with TurboCAD. One sure can't beat it for versatility and price.

Don, is it OK to say that I do like them? 'Cuz I do--very much.

Henry H

May 10, 2020, 11:02:40 AM

Don, is it OK to say that I do like them? 'Cuz I do--very much.

Henry H

Of course Henry. Thanks for saying so.

* May 10, 2020, 11:32:10 AM
And i would like to say the same, especial your sales Office, and the Kitchen in my point of view look better than in original ? black, so i could bougth that if it was in American Cherry, as i really love that wood.

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* May 10, 2020, 01:56:13 PM
nice work, Don.  :)
Always like all the detail you put into it.
Keyshot is looking nicer and nicer, and fairly easy to use to get started.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP TurboCad Platinum >2020- 2019-2018-2017-21-20-19 and 18.Using only LightWorks (NO Redsdk Plugin installed), Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,

May 10, 2020, 03:20:12 PM
All the images are great!  I'm most impressed by the lobby with all the realistic reflections, but I'm confused by the discoloration of the 'N' and 'S' at the right.  What's causing that?

Jeff

May 10, 2020, 03:46:12 PM
Jeff looks like a reflection from one of Dons flouro lights is showing up in those N & S texts. Maybe that flouro is out of the camera view.

Edit: I should add that there are probably more flouros out of view and one is seen as reflected in the window to rhe right.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 05:16:03 PM by Darryl W »

Daz

May 10, 2020, 06:24:14 PM
Jeff looks like a reflection from one of Dons flouro lights is showing up in those N & S texts. Maybe that flouro is out of the camera view.

Edit: I should add that there are probably more flouros out of view and one is seen as reflected in the window to rhe right.

Yep, definitely a reflected light. There are actually nine ceiling light fixtures. That and the text is reflective itself - as designed.

* May 12, 2020, 10:54:31 AM
Don, I'm curious.
If IMSI do decide oryour dreams come true to go with a "link" to an external rendering program how does that work. I mean, how does KS work with the other package you use and how do you get TC drawings into KS? Maybe you mentioned it,can you explain again. I remember the IMSI idx renditioner plugin for sketchup,you could export from Turbocad in sketchup format.I kinda like an "external" or link plugin to ease up on Turbo's resources. I usually have two sets of drawings anyways, rendering and working drawings.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:11:52 AM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP TurboCad Platinum >2020- 2019-2018-2017-21-20-19 and 18.Using only LightWorks (NO Redsdk Plugin installed), Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,