TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Problems with exporting to .STEP
Read 1030 times
* September 20, 2016, 09:30:14 AM
Hi all

Searched the forum and came up empty so here we go :D

First of all, I don´t know if there are any major differences but I´m using Turbocad Mac Deluxe 8.

I am trying to export a 3D solid to .STEP to be able to send to the CNC guy. When I first tried i received the very informative message: The file export failed with error: "Failure". Started over with the same result. Started over again but this time I tried to export to .STEP before I was finished with the model, success! Worked on it some more and checked again, it exported successfully again. Finished the model, and the export failed again! >:(

I am not very good at Turbocad but I try my best. So my question for you guys is, any clue as to what is happening and why? I would really appreciate some guidance.

It pretty ironic that the Turbocad forum doesn´t allow me to attach a .tcd file...

* September 20, 2016, 11:29:00 AM
Hi,   You will probably be better asking on the TC Mac forum http://tcmacforum.imsisupport.com/index.php as most on here use the windows version which is completely different to the Mac version (and probably why you can't upload .tcd files).

Andy

* September 20, 2016, 08:01:07 PM
Thanks a lot Andy! Didn´t even know that forum existed, but that sure explains the lack of search result :) Strange that that forum hasn´t come up on my google searches either