TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Turn off Error Warnings in Win 10 for TurboCad 15 Pro
Read 3413 times
* July 12, 2016, 03:15:03 PM
I finally upgraded from Win 7 professional to Win 10 pro.
Turbocad is running correctly, but I keep getting Error Messages for any type of file save, even with the Copy & Paste commands.
Is there a way to turn off the warnings?

* July 12, 2016, 07:07:38 PM
I finally upgraded from Win 7 professional to Win 10 pro.
Turbocad is running correctly, but I keep getting Error Messages for any type of file save, even with the Copy & Paste commands.
Is there a way to turn off the warnings?

What kind of warnings?

Henry H

* July 13, 2016, 03:43:53 AM
Thank you, Henry, for your question...
There's two messages: the 1st happens when opening a file, or using CTRL/V:
"The error occured while file reading. Probably file is corrupt. Wish you continue reading in spite of everything?  Yes/No"
The 2nd occurs when using CTRL/C:
The error occured while file reading. Probably file is corrupt. You use 'Save As...' with another path to prevent the original file damage.  Please inform Turbocad Support Group baout(!) this occurence. Are you ready to continue writing in spite of  Yes/No"
As I mentioned in my original message everything appears to be opened and saved correctly.

July 13, 2016, 04:51:04 AM
Chet,

I would suggest you un-install TurboCAD completely- yes, everything, apart from your own files (make a backup first!).

Re-install and then run for the first time as Administrator.

I hope this helps.

Regards  Tim

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017-2020 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018-2020 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.
Windows 10 Pro (1909) 64-bit

* July 13, 2016, 05:31:26 AM
As well as Tim's suggestion, have you tried running in comaptability mode (like xp sp3), or running it from a new user account (set as admin), or you may have to contact IMSI and see if they found / find a reason for it occurring.

Unfortunately although this has come up in the past no cure has been posted as far as I know, here is a link to a thread  last year about v15 and windows 10 (not a good read).
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,17458.0.html

July 13, 2016, 06:19:24 AM
I have been having a few issues lately with Windows 7 Pro with another CAD program regarding the saving issue. It is more when I sleep my laptop and upon waking the CAD program refuses to save the original file and brings up Save As which works. Once I have restarted the OS it is back to normal.
To rule out a problem with your OS can you copy/paste/save in other programs okay?

I have another old laptop using Windows XP and TC constantly crashed even when left idle when TC was running. Saving and sometimes opening drawing it would just bomb out for no reason. I ended up creating a new user account which worked. Microsoft likes to update our machines security measures with our file systems some of which are set to read only and some of them I cannot change for full access...

This may help also if it's part of Windows 10:
How to turn off User Account Control in Windows
Issue:
You want to turn off User Account Control (UAC) in Windows so you can troubleshoot a software issue or to allow your program to run better, especially when it interacts with other software.
Solution:
UAC is a Microsoft security tool that helps prevent intrusion of malicious software. It is not full-fledged anti-malware or an antivirus, but it does notify you of changes about to be made to your computer.

For troubleshooting application problems, temporarily disabling UAC may help pinpoint the problem or relieve the issue.

To turn off UAC:
Click the Start menu and in the search field type UAC.
Click "Change User Account Control settings."
In the window that comes up, move the slider down to "Never Notify."
Click OK and then restart the computer.
Note: UAC is not a part of Windows XP or other Windows systems prior to Windows Vista.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 06:21:26 AM by Darrel Durose »

Daz…

V2020 & V2019 Plat 64bit + REDsdk Plugin, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

July 13, 2016, 10:59:14 AM
Hey guys,

This particular issue has been present in TC15 since Windows 8. It was never written to run in Windows 8 or 10 and this issue won't be resolved by development as the product has not been supported for several years now.

I don't think uninstalling and reinstalling etc. is going to do much to fix this. It's my guess that it has something to do with the way TC15 handles file creation and updating under the hood and how it interacts with the newer file system as compared to the older. Feel free to trouble shoot it all you want but you may be chasing a ghost looking for a solution.

* July 13, 2016, 11:13:57 AM
I suspect the previous analysis is probably the most accurate.
I did delete TC, restart the computer, and then reload the problem.
Fortunately I saved copies of the two updates TC made available for v.15 and added them on.
The problem persists.
I did try opening TC as ADM, but same results.
The problem is annoying, but I guess I'll have to learn to live with it.
Thank you everyone for your input!
Chet

* July 13, 2016, 11:55:46 AM
Feel free to trouble shoot it all you want but you may be chasing a ghost looking for a solution.

Yep, especially as part of the program may be locked out, i.e. v15 was one of IMSI's stranger experiments by separating (as an add-on) the arch and mech sections of TC  :o